Bridge Conection conflict

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Bridge Conection conflict

Postby Coffinjoe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 pm

PS3 Media Server have been working fine for me, but lately I changed my network setup on my playstation 3. Now I am used a cabled conection on my laptop (which have a wireless conection to the internet). In order that I could let the ps3 have a internet conection, I had to do a bridge conection with my local area network and the wireless one (I am on Vista). This setup worked normaly on my first night, I could even watch some movies with PS3MS and download some demo games at the psn store at the same time. But now it seems that the PS3MS can't never find the ps3 if this conection bridge is setup, but in the minute that I go to my network setups on my laptop and remove the conection bridge and run ps3ms again, there it is.

Does anyone have a possible explanation for this? What bugs me is that I didn't change a thing from the first night to the other days.
Coffinjoe

Re: Bridge Conection conflict

Postby WorldOfHurt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Each time the PS3 starts, it allocates a different port number to the DLNA servers. It then carries out a handshake with the network to publish it's presence.

If you are using DHCP, the PS3 will also possibly be getting a new IP address each time you restart.

My guess is that you have NAT turned on somewhere, or are using different subnets for the PS3 and PMS, so the router/bridge can't route the packets once the IP/port combo changes.
WorldOfHurt

Postby otmanix » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:46 am

I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby Coffinjoe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:07 pm

thanks for all the hints, I will take a look on that thread and see how it goes.
Coffinjoe

Return to General Help and Support