JAVA Virtual Machine Launcher problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

JAVA Virtual Machine Launcher problem

Postby Bob LaBlaw » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 pm

When I try to install PS3 on a new computer the installation seems to go ok but when I try to run the program I get a pop up that is titled Java Virtual Machine Launcher. In the body of the pop up it says "Could not create the java virtual machine."

Can anyone help me with this, please? Thanks.

P.s some further backgroud information: I had PS3 successfully installed on another computer that was running Vista but the CPU was very old so it had trouble transcoding files. I decided to upgrade the computer to get more processing horsepower but now I can't get PS3 to run.

XP pro SP3
Intel core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
4GB ram
ethernet 100Mbits
Bob LaBlaw

Re: JAVA Virtual Machine Launcher problem

Postby whome » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:48 pm

See this topic about the alternative PMS.bat script.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=867&p=5189&hilit=pms.bat#p5189

If PSM.bat does not work then edit the fully qualified javaw.exe path. Note how we must use an empty "" parameter, another option is not to use start command.
Code: Select all
start "" "c:\program files\java\jreXXXX\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx768M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath pms.jar;plugins/*;plugins net.pms.PMS

do not use start command:
"c:\program files\java\jreXXXX\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx768M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath pms.jar;plugins/*;plugins net.pms.PMS
whome

Return to General Help and Support