Missing subs ?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Missing subs ?

Postby briankdk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:56 pm

The file is: The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Return.Of.The.King.2003.1080p.x264-THOR.mkv (8.3 GB)

When i play it on the PC (with VLC) it has a lot of subs (swedish, danish, finland, etc, etc

When i strem it to my PS3 with PS3 Media Server, i only get English subs

I have tryed everything, adding dan, dk, unk, emb to the subs in PS3 Media Server settings, but nothing helps.

But i guess i know part of the problem...... When i choose "stream and media info" in VLC the only difference between a working MKV movie and one that dosent give subs is that the Codex is SPU (not working) - if the codex if the MKV file is SUBT, then the subtitels are working just fine.

Anybodys got a solution ???
briankdk

Re: Missing subs ?

Postby briankdk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:15 am

here is the debug log :-)

Intel E6600 - 2.4 HGz
4 GB ram
GeForce 8800 GTS
Win XP

The file is: The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Return.Of.The.King.2003.1080p.x264-THOR.mkv

When played in VLC it has alot of subs (Danish included)

When played in Mediaserver, it shows that there is only English subs (but when i play it, there is no english subs) - i need the danish subs :-)

BTW: Thanks for a GREAT program, that makes my PS3 worth 200% more now that i can play all my movies straight from the PC :-)
Attachments
debug.rar
(42.22 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
briankdk

Postby meskibob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:43 am

Does it list the Danish subs under the #Transcode# folder for the file? Post the MediaInfo for the file.

Edit: looking at the debug.log, looks like it finds the Danish subs (DAN code), but your PMS settings are setup to look for Danish audio and only ENG and UND subtitles.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby briankdk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:09 am

meskibob wrote:Does it list the Danish subs under the #Transcode# folder for the file? Post the MediaInfo for the file.

Edit: looking at the debug.log, looks like it finds the Danish subs (DAN code), but your PMS settings are setup to look for Danish audio and only ENG and UND subtitles.

No, it does not list danish subs under transcode

Normaly it was set to eng,dan,da,dk,und, but i just changed it to ENG and UND because i read in another thread that setting it it ENG and UND solved the problem (in this thread: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2600&start=10)- i just forgot to change it back (i have just done that (changed it to eng,dan,da,dk,und) and there is still no danish subs :-(

Ill post the mediainfo tomorrow - have to go to bed now :-) (the kids will wake me early demanding breakfast) :-)
briankdk

Postby briankdk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:15 am

did it anyway :-)

Here it is

BTW: Thanks for looking at my problem :-)
Attachments
Example.rar
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
briankdk

Postby briankdk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:18 am

heres one in advanced mode
Attachments
advancedmode.rar
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
briankdk

Postby briankdk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 am

ahhh - maby this is more usabel :-)
Attachments
TEXTMODE.rar
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
briankdk

Postby meskibob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 am

Ahhh, they're VobSubs. You need to install AviSynth for VobSub support
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby briankdk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:56 am

briankdk

Postby meskibob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm

From the PMS readme:
B) Using Avisynth/FFDshow. Paired with CoreAVC, it's quite efficient with multi cores.
1- If not already done, get and install a codec pack with ffdshow (VSfilter must be included for subtitles).
My favorite is CCCP Codec Pack [http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp]
2- Get and install AVISynth 2.5.7 (I've met some framerate problems with 2.5.8 betas)
[http://downloads.sourceforge.net/avisynth2/Avisynth_257.exe?modtime=1168199840&big_mirror=0]
3- Set up the FFDShow Audio Mixer to 5.1 (3/0/2 LFE)
4- Set "Autoload VS Filter" to true
5- Configure Haali Splitter (audio/subtitles language priorities)

Once that's all setup you want to enable the AviSynth/MEncoder engine in PMS and use that. All the sub configuration is done through Haali. More details on installing AviSynth can be found by searching the forum.
meskibob

Next

Return to General Help and Support