ShootingBlanks wrote:I'm trying to do something like this as well, but am also pretty novice. I created a M3U playlist, but now I'm lost. I can't get it to show up on the PS3. Can you PM me with details too (or just reply back in this thread)? Thanks!
OK here's what you need to do:
1. Create a folder called "Playlists" within in your Music folder (or wherever you keep your music).
2. Create a text file using Notepad or Wordpad with this line included:
It's this line that tells Media Player the file is a Playlist. Save the file as "Playlist 1.m3u" or whatever you want to call it. But don't forget to add the .m3u at the end of the title otherwise it will save as a text file.
3. Drop this file into the Playlists folder you just created
4. Open Media Player and you should see the new playlist on the left. If not then you need to add the folder to your library by going to the arrow under the "Library" tab > "Add to Library" and then just do a scan of your music folder.
5. When you can see the playlist on the left, just start adding songs as you would normally using Media Player.
6. Start PS3 Media Server. On the Navigation/Share Settings tab, add the Playlist folder to the shared folders bit. Save and re start PS3 Media Server, Start up your PS3 and enjoy your playlists!
Media Player creates playlists in WPL format which I don't think PS3 recognises so when you want another playlist you just need to Copy/Paste your m3u file then delete the songs out of it in Media Player.
Good luck, let me know if you need any more help and I'll send through one of my files or something.