TSMuxer.exe always crashes in the last 30 seconds

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

TSMuxer.exe always crashes in the last 30 seconds

Postby louisb » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:03 am

As the subject suggests, my videos always stop playing during the final 30 seconds of playback. When I look at my computer, I have a popup error reading "tsMuxeR.exe has stopped working". This occurs absolutely 100% of the time when transcoding MKV files using TSMuxer.

I'm running an Intel dual core CPU with 2GB RAM on Vista Home Premium SP1. I stream via wireless Internet, just one room away, on Wireless-G. My debug file is attached.

debug.zip
(85.58 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
louisb

Re: TSMuxer.exe always crashes in the last 30 seconds

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:59 am

fixed in next version
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby LiquidCooled » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 pm

TsMuxer Has Stopped Working. I get this error message every time Tsmuxer is used when scanning media library. This has happened before and the only way I have found to get round it is to change the TsMuxer to an older version.

1- your computer specs (cpu, memory) and the precise server version you're using
Vista 64, Java 64, Intel Q9450, 8GB Ram, server 356
2- the network connection you are using for streaming your files (wifi, homeplugs, ethernet 100Mbits, or gigabit)
Wireless G
3- detailed infos on what's not working
TsMuxer Has Stopped Working message everytime it tries to access a file with Media Library, thumbnails do not work just get green triangle
4- if you're transcoding some videos, which engine are you using ? (mencoder, avisynth/mencoder, tsmuxer)
Not transcoding
5- a debug.log file excerpt, or you can zip the whole file. this file can be found in the application directory, or if you have UAC and Vista activated, likely found in the Windows temp directory
If I can find a relevant part I will add it, entire file is about 5MB and I don't fancy asking anyone to troll through that much.
LiquidCooled

Postby jonLumpkin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:13 am

I am having this problem as well when building my media library. I get dozens at a time (and hundreds overall) of these errors. I close all of them, get a few seconds of peace, and then a blitz of a few dozen more just come popping up. Additionally, although the library builder is single threaded the error messages seem to be multi-threaded as it brings my system to a crawl when they are displayed.

Current Specs:

ASUS M2N SLI-Deluxe Mobo
Phenom 9600 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR2 (OCZ SLI-Ready)
2x Nvidia 7600GT (running independent with 3 display)
4x WD6400AAKS
1x Samsung 1TB EcoGreen
1x WD USB 250GB
Desktop and PS3 hardwired GigE with D-Link DIR-655

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit (build 7600)
PMS Build 356
Java 32-Bit (JDK 6u14 with NetBeans 6.7)

I experienced the same problems with Windows 7 Build 7100 and earlier versions of PMS as well. As a side note my install of Windows 7 and the JDK are fresh today so there isn't really any other software that could be interfering. Also note that UAC is currently in its default position but disabling it has no effect.

Once it finishes building the library (takes several hours considering the number of titles) I don't see this error anymore. However, some of my titles do NOT have a thumbnail (most do). I have default settings for thumbnails generation and video thumbnails. TSMuxer is enabled when appropriate and my MKVs generally remux on the fly just fine.

Any help with this would be much appreciated (it makes rebuilding the library between releases a pain in the rear).
jonLumpkin

Postby shagrath » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:29 am

the beta build is using the latest version from http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby LiquidCooled » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 pm

I tried the latest version to fix problem before and it didn't work, same problem with this build, solved by reverting to old version. Sorry. Actually I am perfectly happy to get it working and fully accept that it may be just me.
LiquidCooled

Postby woffle99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 am

It's not just you. I have the same problem - fresh install of PMS latest build on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 64bit and it comes up with the errors on an infrequent basis while doing the media library scan.
woffle99

Postby LiquidCooled » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:43 pm

woffle99 wrote:It's not just you. I have the same problem - fresh install of PMS latest build on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 64bit and it comes up with the errors on an infrequent basis while doing the media library scan.

Did you find how I got round it. Changed TsMuxer to older version, borrowed from MKV2VOB and to be extra sure I disabled the engine and in Mencoder unticked the Switch to TsMuxer.... option. Some of that is probably unnecessary but no more problems and the thumbnails now work on XMB, no more green arrows.
LiquidCooled

Return to General Help and Support