No Files playing only sits on #TRANSCODE#

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No Files playing only sits on #TRANSCODE#

Postby navig8r » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:31 pm

everything was working fine then all of a sudden nothing will play, I go to the folder with the file in it and only see the #TRANSODE# folder, I go into that and see the file and select it but nothing happens. Prior to this I would open the folder (example movie folder) and I would see both #TRANSCODE# and the file itself, then select the file and everything played no problems, now nothing happens. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Using latest PS3 media server version 1.5
Windows Vista
Plugged direct ethernet (broadband COMCAST)
Avi files, ie divx movies, TV shows
navig8r

Re: No Files playing only sits on #TRANSCODE#

Postby meskibob » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Are you in the proper section of the XMB for the media you're trying to play?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby navig8r » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 pm

meskibob wrote:Are you in the proper section of the XMB for the media you're trying to play?

Sorry what do you mean proper section? I have done nothing different from when it was working before, turn on media server, find PS3, scroll through folders until I find the file I want to play from my laptop. Could you clarify what you mean by proper section.
navig8r

Postby ExSport » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Do you know that PS3 has 3 sections? It is VIDEO, AUDIO(or MUSIC?) and PICTURES.
Don't expect to play video files from PICTURES section and vice versa :)
Also hard to say what is your problem you described so also another possibility is there and it is you reached max 8 folder depth =>> more that 7 subfolders can't be opened.
ExSport

Postby navig8r » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Ok will give it a try and move my main Video folder (laptop) to only one level in and see if that clears up the problem, just kinda weird that everything worked fine, and it just stopped, I never changed anything...hmmm but will try experimenting. Thanks for all the help guys I will post if i get it working properly. Love this software by the way :) :D :P
navig8r

Return to General Help and Support