mencoder zombie process

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

mencoder zombie process

Postby Turtlegsr » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:00 pm

I don't know how toe eliminate my problem or analize behavior of PS3, so i ask to forum...... :D

I don't have a particula problem with PS3, stability is not perfect but i can use it and say Thanks to all dev team for this great application

but

i have a problem with square button...
sometime works perfectly and very fast
sometime works sloled
sometime don't works

i notice that with .mkv video format this don't wok very well while with avi works great.

When i come back to my iMAC i notice in memory many mencoder process....so i quit ps3 media server, kill all mencoder process and restart it..
BUT HOW I CAN CONTROL THIS MENCODER PROCESS AND STOP TO HAVE IT AS ZOMBIE PROCESS?

thanks
Marco
Turtlegsr

Re: mencoder zombie process

Postby Redlum » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:35 am

It's best to avoid the square button on transcoded stuff, that doesn't work very well (avi are not transcoded so that's why it works better there).

Do you only get those processes when you use the square button or always?
Redlum
Project Member

Re: mencoder zombie process

Postby Turtlegsr » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm

Only mencoder process...
yesterday night i look a mkv video and no mencoder process....

Yes i disable some option in PS3 media server, but i don't know if this resolve the problem...

I disable in Shared folder, option Use Mplayer for Video Thumbnails because i start to put jpg for my video in the same video folder.
I enable Hide file extensions

I also disable in Transodific option Enhanced multicore support for H264 HD contect for test to resolve some sync audio/video problem.

i perfome some other test and tell you result :-)

Thanks
Turtlegsr

Return to Mac OS X Support