Subtitle problems and AV-sync issues

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subtitle problems and AV-sync issues

Postby Decado » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:42 am

Hi,

Love this software, but I can't seem to get the newer versions working as well as an older version of PS3MS (reverting doesn't work).

I seem to have the most issues with AVI and MP4 files. Even though PS3MS says [external subtitles] they won't show on-screen no matter what codec I use. Problem seems to happen more often with .sub files than .srt files. That being said, sometimes they work fine.

The other issue I have is with MP4 files. The a/v goes out of sync as the file plays. Fast-forwarding 10x and playing again or stopping and resuming gets it back in sync, but that's annoying (and sometimes the file loses its spot).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are some settings I'm missing. There doesn't seem to be any good documentation with this otherwise great tool.

Thanks
Decado

Re: Subtitle problems and AV-sync issues

Postby bahamot » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 am

Try scene search instead of fast-forward. In my test, scene search tends to keep AV synced better than fast-forward.
bahamot

Postby Decado » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:32 pm

The AV goes out of sync as the movie progresses (after a few minutes), without FF or doing scene search.
Decado

Postby bahamot » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:06 am

Ah that one, I also have it on certain *.avi (DivX) on my HDD. But in my case, the delay occurred on the exact location,
bahamot

Postby Decado » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:34 am

Hey, this thread looks like it deals with similar AV-sync issues. Nothing about subtitles, though.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2891
Decado

Return to General Help and Support