How to detect PS3?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to detect PS3?

Postby foxmulder » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi,
I downloaded PMS for Mac last nite and it worked fantastic. Streaming was working without problem.

However, after updating the lastest PS3 firmware, the PMS in my Mac can no longer detect PS3. What do I do now? I tried to search any instructions on web, but here I am without any solutions due to some instructions are just too technical for me...sorry I'm just another boring accountant here with very limited computer networking knowledge.

Btw, under general configuration tab, I tried to use lo0 for "Force networking to interface" and 6001 for "Force port of the server" and it did not work.

Would anyone please help?

I have attached a screen shot of PMS traces for your reference.

Many thanks
FM
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (46.97 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
foxmulder

Re: How to detect PS3?

Postby Tom Foolery » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:54 pm

When I started using PMS I had the same problem. the fix was too type my ip adress in the 'force IP of the Server' setting. I'm no expert but I when comparing your traces to mine it looks like your not forcing your IP address. Give it a shot, for me almost every time my PS3 doesn't connect It's because my ip address for some reason or another has changed and I have to re enter it in PMS
Tom Foolery

Postby foxmulder » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks so much Tom, it works now!

By the way, after streaming from Mac, does your PS3 hang ie becomes not responsive so that you have to manually switch off? Apparently this has been the 3rd time I've experienced this incident.

Cheers
foxmulder

Postby whengeeksgobad » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:32 pm

I wanted to ask a question about your experiences with the ps3 not detecting. I encountered the same problem and while looking at the traces saw that PMS was trying to use a connection parallels had created for internet connectivity. I'm unclear on what prompted it to decide on the 10.x subnet rather than the 192.X subet, but its worth mentioning. If there are any other parallels users out there, this may be worth mentioning: save a bit of a headache and specify the server IP...and note to self: read traces more closely.
whengeeksgobad

Postby psikhotyk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:26 am

I've tried everything to get it to connect to my ps3. my buddy got it to work on his mac book pro in like 3 min and i've been trying for days and nothing. any ideas on what i should do? i've tried everything metioned above.
psikhotyk

Postby hedges » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 am

Hi. I have had no success connecting to my PS3 also.

Here's my setup
MacBook with 10.5.7
PS3 firmware 2.80
Linksys WRT54GL

What settings should I have on PMS?
hedges

Return to Mac OS X Support