MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: IMDB Support Updated 28 May

Postby jaqb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:44 am

jonLumpkin wrote:I also added "5.1", "Hardsub", and "Softsub" to the filter list as a fair number of my titles have that in the filename.

"5.1" will not work. You have to use "5 1"
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Re: IMDB Support Updated 14 June

Postby jaqb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 am

It has been a while...a new release can now be downloaded from the first post :mrgreen:

jonLumpkin wrote:P.S. This may be a personal preference, but I think the director's name should be listed higher [definitely above the cast, and possibly between the rating and genre]) as it's one of the most important things for me in deciding what movie to watch. Right now it's all the way at the bottom and you have to scroll to see the director. This might be best as a configurable option as well.

I made it configurable in this new release...you can now put the director on top if you want :-)
wjharing wrote:Hi, I love this add on, but now that I have installed build 343 I would assume IMDB support is not working until this plugin is updated based on build 243 (or I would jump back to build 339 as provided within the IMDB support zip.
It's now based on r344, so all the latest features/changes are included
jaqb

Postby jonLumpkin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:15 am

Thanks, for the update.

I was able to move the director spot up, and I appreciate this change.

One idea I had, not sure how hard this may be to implement, if only one plugin is chosen, simply skip to the results page. This would be slightly faster.

I'm not sure the exact way you have this coded, but it would seem like you could have a simple count variable for the number of engines (IMDb, FilmWeb, et. al) and if it equals '1' you could show the plugin results immediately, else show the list of plugins and allow the user to choose between the available plugins. The current method of (#Movie Info, find & select title, select plugin, get results) works, but it requires an extra step and introduces an extra folder depth (the PS3 is limited to 8), and it would seem easy to eliminate the third step if only a single plugin is desired.

Great work!!
jonLumpkin

Postby jaqb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Its not that simple... this has been on my todo list from the beginning...but I would need to restructure a lot...
jaqb

Re: IMDB Support Updated 15 June

Postby jaqb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:48 pm

I have updated the first post with a new release :-) The covers are now downloaded automatically to the movie directory, this can be disabled in MOVIEINFO.conf
jaqb

Postby jonLumpkin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 pm

jaqb wrote:Its not that simple... this has been on my todo list from the beginning...but I would need to restructure a lot...

Alright. It's not that important, just one of those "nice to haves".

jaqb wrote:I have updated the first post with a new release :-) The covers are now downloaded automatically to the movie directory, this can be disabled in MOVIEINFO.conf

Excellent. I'll try this out tonight and report back. Do I need to process each title manually, or can I force the plugin to parse my entire library?
jonLumpkin

Postby jaqb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 pm

jonLumpkin wrote:Excellent. I'll try this out tonight and report back. Do I need to process each title manually, or can I force the plugin to parse my entire library?

As you check (manually) for movie info the cover will be saved automatically to the movie directory.
jaqb

Postby jonLumpkin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:42 am

jaqb wrote:As you check (manually) for movie info the cover will be saved automatically to the movie directory.

I pulled down a few folders worth of titles tonight. It seems to work quite well. If there is not a cover for a file one will be downloaded. If there is a file, the existing file is NOT overwritten. Additionally, I found out that if you have a "folder.jpg" in a directory (I have this for some TV shows) the individual cover will NOT override the folder cover (I assume this is appropriate behavior for PS3 Media Server).

Good work,

JBL
jonLumpkin

Postby ExSport » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 am

Hello jaqb.
Tried your new version with CSFD and IMDB enabled. I found out that cover is downloaded only from IMDB, no difference in priority of these two plugins.
It is possible to download it regarding priority of plugins or depending on picture size(bigger is in better quality, smaller is loaded quicker...suppose smaller is enough for cover art in most cases)?
Only a question, I am not using covers for now :mrgreen:
Thx
ExSport

Postby jaqb » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:06 pm

ExSport wrote:Hello jaqb.
Tried your new version with CSFD and IMDB enabled. I found out that cover is downloaded only from IMDB, no difference in priority of these two plugins.
It is possible to download it regarding priority of plugins or depending on picture size(bigger is in better quality, smaller is loaded quicker...suppose smaller is enough for cover art in most cases)?
Only a question, I am not using covers for now :mrgreen:
Thx

Hey ExSport. I'll look into this ... I did set it up as first come first served so when you try a movie with (only/ or first) CSFD link in nfo file it should download the cover from CSFD. I limited IMDB covers to 300pixels width and height so I think the covers are small enough and of decent quality. (around 15-20kb?) All other plugins have small size thumbnails anyway.
jonLumpkin wrote:I pulled down a few folders worth of titles tonight. It seems to work quite well. If there is not a cover for a file one will be downloaded. If there is a file, the existing file is NOT overwritten. Additionally, I found out that if you have a "folder.jpg" in a directory (I have this for some TV shows) the individual cover will NOT override the folder cover (I assume this is appropriate behavior for PS3 Media Server).
Yes I do not overwrite covers on purpose, why download the same cover over and over again, right? To be honest I didnt look at folder.jpg .... I think you just found a 'bug', individual covers should have higher priority than folder cover, ...and yes its not me.. its PS3MS :p
jaqb

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins