Streaming Radio

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Streaming Radio

Postby captin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi, new poster here.

I have tried to search for this question but didnt find anything, so forgive me if this question has been asked/answered before.

I have a shoucast streaming radio set up, I can get PS3mediaserver to stream the sound, but it cuts out after 10 mins or so. Everything else streams fine, all video & audio streams flawlessly.

If I use my pc to listen to the radio it's fine, if I use tversity it streams fine.

As I dont want to use 2 different streaming servers I would like to know if I can get PS3mediaserver running without the stream ending.

Here's what happenes.

On the PS3 I select the audio stream to play and it starts after a few seconds. After about 10mins the audio stops and after another few seconds the PS3 reverts back to the menu.

I have a PC dedicated to media serving,

Intel dual core 2.6
Windows vista
3Gb ram
2tb internal hard drive
1tb external hard drive.
Wired gigbit lan

PS3mediaserver v1.11.339
in the settings it's set for mplayer in the web audio section.

thanks in advance
captin

Re: Streaming Radio

Postby Namevac » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Same problem for me here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2404

But I was unable to find a solution to this problem :(
Namevac

Postby Zyzomys » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:07 pm

I had the same problem and in my case, it turned out to be my DSL modem and Internet connection. If you get frequent disconnects from the Internet, this could be your problem also. I suggest watching your bandwidth monitor live, and if you see your bandwidth dropping suddenly for a fraction of a second - this is what is causing you to lose your live streaming connection.

What I had to do was to move my DSL modem to within three feet of my demarcation point, and then run Ethernet cable to my router. Everything then improved, my Line Stats, my Connection Uptime is approaching 30-days, and I am getting minutely faster up and download speeds. Once I did this I then noticed that I was no longer getting disconnects from listening to Streaming Radio (I have CBC Radio 3 on all the time in my house/office).
Zyzomys

Postby captin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is not the internet connection as I can stream all day with tversity, or on my pc. I dont get lost connections. I'm on 20meg cable (UK) also, so download speed is not the problem.

This is the only problem I have with PS3mediastreamer, it works flawlessly for me in all the other ways I use it. I dont want to use tverisy, I dont like it, but I do listen to the radio.
captin

Return to General Help and Support