MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: IMDB Support Updated 28 May

Postby Frankie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:03 am

you guys are really good at this project!Thanks very much.
Frankie

Postby fredsdead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi.
Thx for the prog, I love it.
But is there a way to see Imdb pictures even thou your "searchway" is a bit long?
For ex: X:\Filmer & Serier\Filmer\HD Filmer\Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264-REVEiLLE, this doesnt work, but this works:
Y:\HD Filmer\Step.Brothers.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.x264-iNFAMOUS
Why is that?

Thx again m8.
fredsdead

Postby jaqb » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:48 am

fredsdead wrote:Why is that?
This is because you have reached folder depth limit , which is 8 folders deep.
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby jonLumpkin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:42 am

Color me impressed!!!

I've only used this for a few minutes so far, but it seems to work quite well.

None of my numerous titles have an *.nfo, but they are in a unified format (e.g. "Trial, the [1962]" or "Man Who Wasn't There, the [2001][AC3 5.1]") and your plugin is able to find the imdb title with suprising accuracy (including picking up "Trial, the [1962]" as the correct "Le proces (1962)").

Future idea would be using this plugin for automatically pulling down the cover art for all of the titles in a persons library and possibly saving them to a "movieTitle.extension.cover.jpg". I just started this process the other day and am about 20% through pulling images off imdb or Amazon and saving them with the file name. If this process could be automated through the use of your plugin (should be possible as the appropriate cover is found) it could save many people a lot of time.

The only problem I have is general slow performance (about 10-20 second delay) before the various info types (IMDB, FILMWEB, CSFD, MOVIEMETER, etc.) are displayed. I'm not sure if this is a fault of my connection, or if disabling some of the engines (all I really care about is iMDb) would speed up this process.

EDIT - One minor thing - Pictures come through for cast members (if available), but not directors. I'm not sure if this deficiency is caused by your program or iMDb, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

EDIT2 - Would it be possible to implement a local library for this content? This would basically be a way of having your program run through all the files in the PMS share once and saving the results to disk. I realize that filling this library may take several hours if you have a large collection, but it might speed up the process of looking up a files info (and downloading the images). You would lose the up to the minute rating, but I think this would be an acceptable tradeoff for users with limited internet connection speed.

GREAT WORK!! This should definitely be integrated into an official build.
jonLumpkin

Postby jaqb » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:23 am

jonLumpkin wrote:None of my numerous titles have an *.nfo, but they are in a unified format (e.g. "Trial, the [1962]" or "Man Who Wasn't There, the [2001][AC3 5.1]") and your plugin is able to find the imdb title with suprising accuracy (including picking up "Trial, the [1962]" as the correct "Le proces (1962)").

Also to improve the accuracy you should add some tag words to the filter in MOVIEINFO.conf for example you can add "ac3 5 1", remember to put it in front of "ac3" otherwise ac3 5.1 will never get filtered as "ac3" will not be found. More info on filter in MOVIEINFO.conf
jonLumpkin wrote:Future idea would be using this plugin for automatically pulling down the cover art for all of the titles in a persons library and possibly saving them to a "movieTitle.extension.cover.jpg". I just started this process the other day and am about 20% through pulling images off imdb or Amazon and saving them with the file name. If this process could be automated through the use of your plugin (should be possible as the appropriate cover is found) it could save many people a lot of time.
I'll look into this, for now it will probably save the cover only when you actually are looking at MOVIEINFO. Also this will probably be optional.
jonLumpkin wrote:The only problem I have is general slow performance (about 10-20 second delay) before the various info types (IMDB, FILMWEB, CSFD, MOVIEMETER, etc.) are displayed. I'm not sure if this is a fault of my connection, or if disabling some of the engines (all I really care about is iMDb) would speed up this process.
If you only are using IMDB plugin u should definatelly disable all other plugins, you can do this by changing the "Plugin=...." line in MOVIEINFO.conf to "Plugins=IMDB". This will drastically improve the speed of pulling data.
jonLumpkin wrote:EDIT - One minor thing - Pictures come through for cast members (if available), but not directors. I'm not sure if this deficiency is caused by your program or iMDb, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.
You are right, this is because of IMDB... the picture of the director is on a subpage so I didnt implement it because it will take longer to import the data all together, imo its just not worth it to have to wait a bit longer just for one picture.
jonLumpkin wrote:EDIT2 - Would it be possible to implement a local library for this content? This would basically be a way of having your program run through all the files in the PMS share once and saving the results to disk. I realize that filling this library may take several hours if you have a large collection, but it might speed up the process of looking up a files info (and downloading the images). You would lose the up to the minute rating, but I think this would be an acceptable tradeoff for users with limited internet connection speed.
An another project is started by taconaut that will add a functionality of custom media library, maybe what you described can be implemented in that project....but this is not up to me.
jonLumpkin wrote:GREAT WORK!! This should definitely be integrated into an official build.
HD YouTube on PS3 -> PS3 Youtube :D Are you a F1 fan ? Check out F1Reader.com
jaqb

Postby jonLumpkin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks for the tips.

I disabled the other engines, and it seems to be a bit snappier (although it still takes a few seconds [likely because of my 1200/384 kbps connection]).

I also added "5.1", "Hardsub", and "Softsub" to the filter list as a fair number of my titles have that in the filename.

I definitely agree that downloading the covers should be optional. It just would be an efficient way to generate the covers for your library (as doing it manually takes a VERY long time if you have a lot of titles).

Some extra experience with your search has shown it to work remarkably well. It is even able to differentiate between "Man Who Knew Too Much, the" 1934 and 1956, and "Thomas Crown Affair, the" 1968 and 1999 (I have both in my collection). The only failures I have experienced are with titles that are too vague to provide an adequate search term (e.g. "Red [2008]").

Again, fantastic work.
jonLumpkin

Postby karine123 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:08 am

Working fine for me , keep the IMDB and allocine plugins , great job my friend , but have some problems wit latest rev of pms then back to 1.10.51

But thx for your hardwork
karine123

Postby thamps » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Guys, me having a tough time setting the plugins for video art :? .
= downloaded the latest build rev.339 for windows vista 64
= downloaded the update.jar
= installed and added the update.jar into ps3 media install folder where pms.jar resides
= added a MOVIEINFO.conf (got from some zip file!)

Please help me get past this stage, really looking forward to running this awesome feature. Maybe some HOWTO would seriously help.

Thanks.
thamps

Postby jonLumpkin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:05 am

thamps wrote:Guys, me having a tough time setting the plugins for video art :? .
= downloaded the latest build rev.339 for windows vista 64
= downloaded the update.jar
= installed and added the update.jar into ps3 media install folder where pms.jar resides
= added a MOVIEINFO.conf (got from some zip file!)

Please help me get past this stage, really looking forward to running this awesome feature. Maybe some HOWTO would seriously help.

Thanks.

Did you use the "MOVIEINFO.conf" file from "pms28052009.zip" (the same zip as pms.jar)? This file is critical for iMDb support.

If you put both MOVIEINFO.conf and PMS.jar in your PS3 media server folder, and restart the server, you should be good to go. This method worked fine for me on Windows 7 RC 64-bit.

You may want to edit the MOVIEINFO.conf file if you only want one of the search engines (e.g. iMDb) as it will improve performance.

JBL

P.S. This may be a personal preference, but I think the director's name should be listed higher [definitely above the cast, and possibly between the rating and genre]) as it's one of the most important things for me in deciding what movie to watch. Right now it's all the way at the bottom and you have to scroll to see the director. This might be best as a configurable option as well.
jonLumpkin

Postby wjharing » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 am

Hi, I love this add on, but now that I have installed build 343 I would assume IMDB support is not working until this plugin is updated based on build 243 (or I would jump back to build 339 as provided within the IMDB support zip.

i hope this imdb support will make it into all builds going forward, great feature!!
wjharing

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins