How to Uninstall? Need definitive guide

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to Uninstall? Need definitive guide

Postby shadyacrez » Wed May 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello,
Is there a definitve guide on how to totally uninstall PS3 Media Server?
I've searched and found several "suggestions", but also found several "complaints" about settings, etc still existing...after reinstalling.

I've run into some issues that are driving me crazy and would like to start over from scratch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
shadyacrez

Re: How to Uninstall? Need definitive guide

Postby bdwright77 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:43 pm

I too would like some help removing all registry entries, files, instances of PS3 Media Server from my computer so I can start over. I think this may be the solution to the problems I've been facing ever since the program was installed as a service. I've deleted the service but I'm sure some information remains.
bdwright77

Postby silicon » Sat May 23, 2009 11:34 am

You can download and install Registry Mechanic. Run a scan and remove all bad or inconsistent registry keys, it might help. You can also go to Start Menu, go to Run, and type in (regedit). Be very careful when editing your registry or deleting them. Go to Edit and then to Find at the top left corner, then type in what you're trying to remove. This will do a search through your entire registry and find anything related to PS3 Media Server that's still left in your computer as a registry. You can then choose to delete the strings. Hope this helps... 8-)
Join My Informative & Helpful Fuss! http://gamersuniverse.bestbb.net
silicon

Postby Phonism » Sat May 23, 2009 9:39 pm

I also had big problems uninstalling the program. What ever I did, cleaned registry and deleted what I could possibly think of, each time I installed it, it would have the same settings as before. In danger of pulling out all of my hair, I just formatted the disk and did a clean install of windows. I hope for future builds, the uninstall will completely remove old settings - at least give an option to keep or remove the settings.

PMS 1.50.1 SB58 - Java 7 update 2 - Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo E6560 2.33GHz - 3GB RAM
PS3 Slim 120GB - Firmware v4.00
Phonism

Postby andyd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 pm

There has to be a better way to remove settings than to reformat / reinstall. That's just ridiculous. I'm currently having issues with the app not loading and I suspect that it has to with the service. There really isn't any way to reset to default settings after uninstalling?
andyd

Postby way2quik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:56 pm

i also wanted to do a complete uninstall, but it doesn't seem to have such thing.
it still leaves settings/preferences of the program.
THe program was perfectly fine with 1.10.51 till i updated to revision .335 and downgraded back to the stable.
way2quik

Postby bravedog » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:45 pm

I just found the config file. It was quite hidden. I had to delete it from two different user directories.

c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\PMS\PMS.conf

The later builds do not appear to save this file to this location.
bravedog

Return to General Help and Support