Not seeing any devices

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Not seeing any devices

Postby Dunlop » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 pm

I just reinstalled PS3 Media server this morining. It is not seeing my 2 360's or my PS3. I have had this appliation working in the past without ever having an issue.

upon installation I had an error writing win32/services/wrapper.dll. I looked up the problem and the solution was to install in another directory. This seems to have worked as I had no errors

Now as mentioned it does not detect any device. I have tried turning off the firewall, enabling port 5001 on my router and forcing the IP of my PC in the general configuration tab.

Anything I am missing? Now that there is 360 support I would love to make this my main media servar app, thanks!
Dunlop

Re: Not seeing any devices

Postby Dunlop » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Forgot to mention, Vista 32bit and I currenlty stream via MP with not problem (and had used TVersity in the past)
My SSDP network discovery service is running
Dunlop

Postby TheLlama » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:06 am

Check the UI trace and your debug.log.
Might need to specify a network interface too, rather then letting PMS choose on it's own.
I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
--Capt. Tenille
TheLlama

Postby Dunlop » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm

I got it in the end, I changed the port to 6001. As mentioned I had had PS3 Media server installed before so I did not think that was the probelm

thanks
Dunlop

Return to General Help and Support