PS3 Media Server Always Cuts Of My Router (connection)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Media Server Always Cuts Of My Router (connection)

Postby slider9499 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 am

Everytime I install the PS3 Media Server I lose my wireless connection [to my router]. When this happens I then spend several hours unistalling and reinstalling the router software, driver software and basically get totally frustrated. I do not touch or chnage ANY of the settings - whatever the default settings are is what I kep.

Here are my specs and hopefully someone can help me figure out the problem before it happens again

Dell Vostrio 1000 laptop
Dell 2350 Router
Win XP Home
Optimum Online (great connection and speed)
Bit torrent V 6.1.2
PS3

I download the various videos which I can view on my laptop without any problem using Windows Media Player.

ANY help, suggestions, tips, etc. would be VERY much appreciated

Peace,

slider
slider9499

Re: PS3 Media Server Always Cuts Of My Router (connection)

Postby psebos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:42 am

pretty weird!!!!

Is there a chance that your driver software from Dell uses some type of Java implementation that conflicts with PSM or something?

Any way why do you have to install specific software for the wifi card on your dell? Do you use the windows default software or using dell specific software to connect to the wireless? If so try not installing that software but use the stock windows wifi implementation.
psebos

Re: PS3 Media Server Always Cuts Of My Router (connection)

Postby slider9499 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:45 pm

I have no idea abu the Java question

the software is the Dell router software - other than that, everything used is right out of the box, no changes at all
slider9499

Return to General Help and Support