PSM running on XP through Parallels

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PSM running on XP through Parallels

Postby Turnip » Mon May 25, 2009 3:59 am

Hi

I am a new Imac owner , until recently i used PSM on a windows PSM with no issues...i want to run PSM through parallels so i can get that trouble free use back as the mac version has a few little issues.

Thing is i cannot get the PSM to find the PS3...i am fairly sure it is to do with the virtual netwrok card parallels uses.

Deos anyone have any ideas about how i can get this to work

Marty
Turnip

Re: PSM running on XP through Parallels

Postby AjzRide » Mon May 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Make sure you parallels machine has bridged networking turned on, that way your XP machine will get its own IP address on the network. If you are using shared or host only, the XP machine will not be able to the PS3.
AjzRide

Postby Turnip » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 am

thanks!

that worked and i can now access the PSM through the XMB.

next problem!

my external drive which holds all my media is HFS journaled....i think this is an issue for the Windows version as even through the folders appear they have nothing in them .....and if they do...it wont play......gonna keep playing with it as while the mac version seems to be faster at start up IE playing a file...the windows version deosn't stutter or give the network errors

thanks again

Marty
Turnip

Postby AjzRide » Tue May 26, 2009 6:29 pm

You have two options. You can share the drive in OSX, then map it under windows. Or you can install MacDrive in XP and connect the drive directly. Or you could work on getting it working natively in OSX. I don't think you will notice any problems under parallels unless you start trying to encode hi-def files.
AjzRide

Postby Turnip » Wed May 27, 2009 1:28 am

thanks again mate....i will work on gettign it working in OSX .....as that is also helping me learn my new mac so a double benefit there :)
Turnip

Postby j2048b » Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 am

what problems are you having with the mac version?

i use to use my windows version but have since used my mac version only and i believe it is better than windows except i cannot use avisynth on mac and that may be the only drw back and core avc as well.

or can we use those on the mac?

dont think so, but?
j2048b

Postby Turnip » Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 pm

j2048b wrote:what problems are you having with the mac version?

i use to use my windows version but have since used my mac version only and i believe it is better than windows except i cannot use avisynth on mac and that may be the only drw back and core avc as well.

or can we use those on the mac?

dont think so, but?

The mac version loads and plays the files faster but i have two issues....

1 An annoying problem where i get recurring network error notifications appearing on the TV screen, deosnt actually stop playback but is very annoying

2 Intermittent pausing of sound and picture....seems to be more prevalent with larger files but happens on almos all files i play

bothe issues did not occur on the PC version

Still overall PMS is brilliant and the best all round server for PS3 i have used...much thanks to the developers...for free this thing is amazing and from what i have read beats many "pay for" options....and the community around it make it even better!
Turnip

Return to Mac OS X Support