DTS on MOV files on MAC

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

DTS on MOV files on MAC

Postby shayani » Fri May 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Friends,

I'm trying to stream a movie from my Mac to PS3. This movie is 720p, H.264 and DTS sound and embeeded subtitles, all in a .MOV container (so I can put it on iTunes).
On the Mac it plays perfect, but when I stream to PS3, the PS3 only receives the VIDEO stream. There's no sound. Not even the "description" of the sound on PS3 (when I press SELECT).

I also happens to another DTS movie I have, but AC3s and Stereo movies I have it works fine.

I tried to enable the "Keep DTS audio in stream" and also "DTS/FLAC" but without success.

My PS3 and computer are cabled at 100Mbps, the PS3 have a optical output to the receiver that can decode DTS.
PMS version is "r334".

Thanks in advance
shayani

Re: DTS on MOV files on MAC

Postby meskibob » Fri May 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Did you make sure to save/restart the PMS configuration after checking each of the DTS settings?
Can you post the debug.log file to this thread? (will need to zip it)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby shayani » Fri May 15, 2009 10:25 pm

meskibob wrote:Did you make sure to save/restart the PMS configuration after checking each of the DTS settings?
Can you post the debug.log file to this thread? (will need to zip it)

Yes. I did save the configurations, even restarted the software. Follows attached the DEBUG.LOG. The movie name is "Dark City (HD).mov".
Attachments
debug.log 3.zip
(178.88 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
shayani

Postby shagrath » Sat May 16, 2009 1:10 am

in this log, it seems you didn't check the "Keep DTS" option... did you get an AC3 audio stream at least ? (according to the log, you should have)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby shayani » Sat May 16, 2009 11:40 am

No, I didn't get any audio. It's "mute".

And I'm sure that KEEP DTS AUDIO IN STREAM is checked and I clicked SAVE... Odd...
shayani

Postby shayani » Mon May 25, 2009 11:28 am

Hi. Does anyone have another suggestion for this problem?

Thanks
shayani

Return to Mac OS X Support