PS3 Media Server 1.21.1 is released

Announcements about PS3 Media Server

PS3 Media Server 1.21.1 is released

Postby SubJunk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 am

Please download it from the front page.
Right now the Linux and Windows versions are available, with the OS X build coming soon.

This is an important release for Windows users.

Changelog wrote:Rollback MPlayer for Windows to fix critical subtitle bug
Add extra information to Windows uninstaller
Fix NPE when toggling HTTP Engine V2
SubJunk

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.21.1 is released

Postby ExSport » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:02 am

Thanks SubJunk for update but what does it mean critical subtitle bug in Mplayer?
I thought that this engine is used for DVD at max(or for thumb creation) so it should have no effect on other files.
For indexing MediaInfo or ffmpeg is used and for transcoding MEncoder is used so what is "critical bug" here?
Many thanks for info 8-)
ExSport

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 am

I'd be happy to compile the OSX version if you want.
Could you please tag the released versions in the svn for us to easily find the code used for a certain release?
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby SubJunk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:28 am

ExSport wrote:Thanks SubJunk for update but what does it mean critical subtitle bug in Mplayer?
I thought that this engine is used for DVD at max(or for thumb creation) so it should have no effect on other files.
For indexing MediaInfo or ffmpeg is used and for transcoding MEncoder is used so what is "critical bug" here?
Many thanks for info 8-)
MPlayer is used to generate the font cache and the newer one wasn't creating it, so users with fresh installs - users without the old font cache - were getting data corrupted errors on subtitled files :)

taconaut wrote:I'd be happy to compile the OSX version if you want.
Could you please tag the released versions in the svn for us to easily find the code used for a certain release?
Hi taconaut, I think there is an error with compiling mac builds right now, do you have a fix for that?
The release is revision 548 in the repository, and we always note that in the revision logs :)
SubJunk

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:41 am

SubJunk wrote:I think there is an error with compiling mac builds right now, do you have a fix for that?

Last one I've compiled was r512 (with pms-mlx) and didn't have any issues with it. Have you got a link to what the trouble is?
I'll give it a try tonight as the mac is @home

SubJunk wrote:The release is revision 548 in the repository, and we always note that in the revision logs :)

Fair enough, I'm still a friend of tagging though :p
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 am

@SubJunk:
Ok I get it, many thanks 8-)
From past I remember that I used newer Mplayer in comparision with MEncoder and there was problem FONTCACHE was created in different directory :mrgreen:
Also in older versions you had to fix path in fonts.conf or where to fix similar bug :mrgreen:
ExSport

Postby markdrummond508 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks for your hard work. Love the I can access my itunes library thru my PS3 in my family room. Wish I was smart enough to help, alas I will just have to be a grateful user. Thanks for keeping the media server going.
markdrummond508

Postby SubJunk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:12 pm

taconaut wrote:
SubJunk wrote:I think there is an error with compiling mac builds right now, do you have a fix for that?

Last one I've compiled was r512 (with pms-mlx) and didn't have any issues with it. Have you got a link to what the trouble is?
I'll give it a try tonight as the mac is @home
There an issue on our tracker about it here, let me know if it works for you :)

taconaut wrote:
SubJunk wrote:The release is revision 548 in the repository, and we always note that in the revision logs :)

Fair enough, I'm still a friend of tagging though :p
I've never done that before, maybe I will look it up :)
SubJunk

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:18 pm

@SubJunk
Ahh for OSX it's not a compilation, but a runtime issue. Possibly I've got the same problem with mlx and nobody has mentioned it (there were pretty few download for this platform). Anyway, I'll give it a go when I can. I'm usually coding on a mac but I never serve stuff from there, the server runs on a win7 machine (since last week...)
SVN tagging is pretty straight forward. All it does, is making a copy of the files to another location. If you're using tortoiseSVN, the easiest is probably to do a 'Show log' on the project (ps3mediaserver), select the revision you want to tag (r548) -> Create branch/tag from revision and copy it to URL 'https://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.21.0' (the only existing tag is 1.10)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby mojo21 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Is there a way to make the thumbnails larger for video files in this new release??

Thanks for all you guys do.
mojo21

Next

Return to Announcements