To solve most problems we need to look at your debug.log, this file contains errors and debugging information we can use to find a problem or bug.
To open this log file in recent versions of PMS, go to the "Traces" tab and click on the "debug.log" button located on the bottom right of the window. An editor will open with the contents of the debug.log file.
Older versions of PMS do not have the button. Since it's a bit harder to find this file on OS X then on other systems here's how to get it (I'm assuming you have PS3 Media Server installed in your applications folder):
- Go to your Applications folder
- Look up PS3 Media Server and right click on it (or ctrl+click on single button mouse)
- Choose Show Package Contents
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/Java/
- The debug.log file should be there
The direct path is: /Applications/PS3 Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/debug.log