"PS3 has not been found"

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: "PS3 has not been found"

Postby Yusuf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi guys
I understand you have been having problems. So did I, at first. Eventually I figured it out. When you first install PS3 media server, it asks you to install Java Runtime Environment. Install it. After installation it asks you if you wish to set the binary as an exception within the firewall. Do so. Then the PS3 media server will install and it should ask you to set an exception within the firewall. Do that as well. So all in all, make sure that the binary for the java runtime environment is set as an exception within the firewall and the PS3 Media server is also set as an exception.
I hope this helps guys.
Yusuf

Postby AlexHDD » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Please HELP me.

if I have the same MAC address to pc and ps3 what should do???

chinacow wrote:i had this issue in the beginning.

first of all, my mac is connected via wired connection to my router and my ps3 is connected wirelessly to the whole network.

first thing i did was make a static ip address for my ps3 and port forwarded it through my router to my mac.

then i forced the network interface of my mac to the one actually connected to my router, which fixed one problem.

then i started getting issues with my mac and ps3 sending 'discover messages' to each other but the ps3 not being 'seen' by the media server.

forcing the ip address and port didn't do anything.

then i realized that you need to give the above port access through your os x firewall. i completely overlooked that one simple thing.

now everything works like a charm (more or less...i have to wire my connection to my ps3 to get stutterless streaming)
AlexHDD

Postby AlexHDD » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

yes i read that but I do not know where to make a static IP for PS3 or to make ```and port forwarded it through my router to my mac.```

In my router I have this options:
Status
Basic Settings;
Quick Setup
Network ( in network I have LAn ; WAN; MAC Clone; )
Wireless
Wireless Settings
MAc Filtering
Wirelles Statistics
Advances Settings
DHCP
DHCP Settings
DHCP Clients List
Addres Reservation
Fowwarding
Virtual Servers
Port Triggering
DMZ
Upnp
Security
Firewall
Ip Address Filtering
Domain Filtering
Mac Address Filtering
Remote Management
Advanced Security
Static Routing
Ip Qos
IP & MAc blinding
Dynamic DNS
Maintenance
System tools
Time
Firmware
Factory Defaults Backup Or Restore
Reboot
Password
Syslog
Statics
AlexHDD wrote:Please HELP me.

if I have the same MAC address to pc and ps3 what should do???

chinacow wrote:i had this issue in the beginning.

first of all, my mac is connected via wired connection to my router and my ps3 is connected wirelessly to the whole network.

first thing i did was make a static ip address for my ps3 and port forwarded it through my router to my mac.

then i forced the network interface of my mac to the one actually connected to my router, which fixed one problem.

then i started getting issues with my mac and ps3 sending 'discover messages' to each other but the ps3 not being 'seen' by the media server.

forcing the ip address and port didn't do anything.

then i realized that you need to give the above port access through your os x firewall. i completely overlooked that one simple thing.

now everything works like a charm (more or less...i have to wire my connection to my ps3 to get stutterless streaming)

PICTURE WITH MY ROUTER OPTIONS >>>>> http://img263.imageshack.us/f/newpicture004.png/

I do not know what to do only if you tell wath to to ( exactly) I do not speak English very well so sory for that..............

Can you tell me where to put my ps3 ip, ??? please and how ``then i forced the network interface of my mac to the one actually connected to my router, which fixed one problem.`` HOW I do this thinks ??

Thanks I will wait your answer,thanks
AlexHDD

Postby AlexHDD » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:36 am

I have Windows 7 ..... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!
AlexHDD

Postby suemey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi i have an unusual issue. I was using psm yesterday i had it as a forced set up to use my modem ip. At some point i had to close the program but when i returned to turn it on it did not show on my mac screen but it did on my ps3.

So today i went to open it again (my modem ip changed due to some stupid ips thing) and i wanted to change it on the psm but it did not open properly and it did not show on my ps3 anymore.

Ao i went to open the debug.log and well it gave me an error.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.48f2
macosx 10.5.8
pms-macosx-1.20.409-BETA.dmg PS3 Media Server for Mac OS X (Intel) 1.20.409 Featured Mar 2010 26.3 MB 280300

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
using ethernet mac and ps3 connected directly to modem
suemey

Postby calvitronz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Biggest thing to make sure of here is to make sure that media server is enabled on your ps3 under network settings. Seriously guys it took me like 20 minutes to figure out that this was the problem, and after I turned it on everything was fine.
calvitronz

Postby croatoan2580 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:23 pm

*Home network with several wireless connections: MAC, iPad, iPhones, Blu-Ray, PC laptop. (PS3 uses wired connection because it is close to the router)
*Everything has a static ip address.
*While running PMS with dynamic ip addresses no problems. Added static ip's for network stability and problems started. No connection to PS3/No Renderer Found!

****Solution**** General Configuration
1) Force ip of the computer that is running PMS and the network interface (en1)
2) Open router configuration page. Forward port 5001 to ip address of computer running PMS.
3) Open OSX firewall allow PMS through firewall.
4) Turn off OSX firewall.
5) Open PMS. At this point the PS3 should show up.
6) Turn OSX firewall back on.

*You will have to go through the firewall on/off step every time that you start PMS.
croatoan2580

Previous

Return to Mac OS X Support