PS3 Does not detect media server during games

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Does not detect media server during games

Postby circasurvivor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:19 am

I'm trying to listen to my music on my mac while playing Street Fighter 4, but the moment i start up a video game, the media server disconnects. I can only listen to music that is already on my ps3. I'm pretty sure that MediaLink allowed me to listen to music on the server while playing the game. Please help me!
circasurvivor

Re: PS3 Does not detect media server during games

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:09 pm

I thought that was a restriction of the PS3, where the in-game music only works for local files.... You're sure it worked with MediaLink?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby circasurvivor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm pretty sure it did...maybe I was just imagining things then
circasurvivor

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, since Media Link is a paid-for program, do you still have the download and can test it out?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby liddokun » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Sadly the PS3 can only use music stored on the internal hd (external ones don't count -_-') during games. For some games it's even limited to mp3 only, and no aac. I was pretty deluded about that, as for me music in game meant "streamed off my Mac" as i did with Connect360 and my Xbox.
So.... nothing to do, and MediaLink is fairly inferior to PS3 Media Server :-|
liddokun

Return to Mac OS X Support