Xbox 360 & Mac OS X 10.6.2 , AV out of sync

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Xbox 360 & Mac OS X 10.6.2 , AV out of sync

Postby Moonwalker1982 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 pm

I recently bought a Macbook, and have PMS working..more or less. It works in terms of that it finds my Xbox 360, and i can play videofiles. However, any video is out of sync, when the characters are still moving their mouths, the words already have been said...basically. The Xbox 360 is connected to my Linksys WRT54G wireless router, and the Macbook is connection wireless. I remember on my previous laptop (Windows 7), that i had several plugins/codecs in PMS. I remember that i followed a turorial on it , how to enable and install everything.

Right now i only have MEncoder and nothing else...i enabled the AV out of sync option and saved it, tried out a video, but no success. As for the Multi core support option...i always have to enable it. No matter if i save it...if i restart PMS..i have to enable it again, which is annoying. Basically what i need are the other codecs, where to find them and how to enable them in PMS. I don't see a english MAC OS X tutorial on the site...only a german one..and that's a language i really don't get.

Any help would be great...cause i can't wait to start using my favorite app on my mac.
Moonwalker1982

Re: Xbox 360 & Mac OS X 10.6.2 , AV out of sync

Postby Moonwalker1982 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Nobody who knows this? Even weirder is...i loaded up a 720p MKV file on my Xbox 360 and it was crisp as hell, while this was never the case when i was still using PMS in Windows, MKV on 360 looked bad, real bad. That same MKV file however on PS3 runs fine for 5 seconds and then starts stuttering, like it's in slowmotion.
Moonwalker1982

Return to Mac OS X Support