i'm trying to stream video + music from my mac pro running snow leopard 10.6.2 and ps3 media server 1.10.5 onto my ps3.
- ps3 ip address: 192.168.1.6
- mac pro ip address: 192.168.1.2
- router ip address: 192.168.1.1
- router model: netgear wgt624v3
- upnp is enabled on the router
- i can ping the ps3 from the terminal
- the firewall in system preferences : security : firewall is off
whatever i tried (following the many threads i read), i always end up with the infamous "ps3 has not been found".
- i tried to force networking on interface lo0, en2 and en3 (but i guess only lo0 is connected as i understand this is my airport card)
- i tried to force ip of the server to 192.168.1.2 (my computer ip address)
- i tried to force port of the server to 52500 and manually forward the port on my router
so i thought i would give eyeconnect and medialink a go. but they can't find the device (ie. my ps3) either. and of course, in none of these cases can the ps3 see the media server.
i guess there's something wrong somewhere with my network. can anyone please help?! this is driving my nuts!!