6.1 surround center and right channel mixed

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

6.1 surround center and right channel mixed

Postby jaburn832 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:31 am

Hi. I am experiencing the center channel sound and the right front channel being swapped when playing mkv files. I found a Linux thread that addressed this and the users stated to fix it they updated their svn?
I'm no expert when it comes to this so I thought I'd look for a little help
Here's the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2744&hilit=mkv+playing+center+audio+in+right&start=10
Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you can imagine how annoying having your center channel audio play in the right speaker. I'm really kind of surprised no else has noticed it yet, but perhaps I didn't look closely enough in the mac forums.
jaburn832

Re: 6.1 surround center and right channel mixed

Postby cheule » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 am

This is a known bug ( http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1635&start=190#p13172 ) that I have reported several times. Redlum tells me that it's a bug within then MEncoder build for Mac.

A work-around is to select "Keep DTS audio in stream" and "Remux when audio is AC3." However, this will require a TOSlink optical cable for DTS. (additionally, I had to select channel "left + right" on the PS3 to get the audio is play correctly after this change. This is noted by PS3 Media Server when you first select Keep DTS in stream.)
cheule

Return to Mac OS X Support