PS3 Media Server and DirecTV Media Share???

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Media Server and DirecTV Media Share???

Postby iMerlin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm

I know this isnt technically what the PS3MS was designed for but...
I took a software update to my DirecTV HR20 which added the MediaShare feature. At the same time I had PS3MS running on my iMac (i7 8gb RAM 10.6.2). Well, long story short, PS3MS picked up the HR20 and vice versa. However, when the PS3MS picks it up, it says unknown renderer.
So I start navigating the HR20 Media Share application and was able to see all the folders and media I see on the PS3. It streams to the PS3 without issue (usually) but every movie I have (mp4, m4v, mkv, m2ts) all of them had X by them and wouldnt play on the HR20. Music and pics werent an issue, those worked fine.
So my question is, is there a setting within the PS3MS that would allow these to stream? Or do I have to boot to Windows on my iMac and run WMP11?

The only reason I like this feature on the HR20 is for my second TV in the Living Room. I dont have a PS3 there and my wife would like to stream movies there as well.
iMerlin

Re: PS3 Media Server and DirecTV Media Share???

Postby ExSport » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:56 pm

SEARCH: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5020
Apply same steps for your renderer ;)
ExSport

Re: PS3 Media Server and DirecTV Media Share???

Postby iMerlin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 pm

ExSport wrote:SEARCH: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5020
Apply same steps for your renderer ;)

Thanks for pointing me in this direction ExSport. Looks more involved than I expected. Ill give this a go this weekend. Does anyone have an available conf file for the HR20??
iMerlin

Return to Mac OS X Support