PMS Not Consistently Visible to PS3

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS Not Consistently Visible to PS3

Postby Viewer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:25 pm

(PMS 1.10.5, also troubleshooted w/ beta 1.20, Mac OS 10.4.11, white MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2 GB Ram streaming to a new Slim PS3 w/ firmware 3.15, WiFi connection through a Netgear WGT624 v3 router)

Hi all. I've been messing around with this since I got my PS3, but have yet to consistently make my MacBook files available to it. When I initially ran PMS, I got the big X saying that my PS3 has not been found.

I tried all the various troubleshooting methods mentioned on these forums, including various combinations of forcing interface and ip, forcing the server port, port forwarding, and the beta PMS release. I am certain that my Macbook and router have no firewall nor WEP/WPA encryption enabled. I've even tried using Orb (http://mycast.orb.com/) as a media server on a PC for the sake of troubleshooting, but that has yet to be visible.

The only success I've had occurred when I reset my router's settings yesterday. During this day, my MacBook and PS3 were able to see eachother. I was able to copy over a couple of files, and they were able to remain connected until either my MacBook dropped its WiFi connection (happens to it a lot), or I voluntarily quit PMS. It randomly became available once again that same day, but I have yet to be able to access it again today. Thanks in advanced for any help or suggestions!

Attached in this post are the log files of both the stable and beta PMS releases.

EDIT: Today I have been able to get them connected again a couple times after starting up PMS just after booting my PS3. I also notice that my MacBook's IP no longer matches the IP I assigned my router to port forward. Is there any chance that port forwarding could work AGAINST my chances of having these two devices connected?

EDIT2: Yesterday I was able to get things working again after power cycling my router.
Attachments
debug.log beta.zip
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
debug.log.zip
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Viewer

Return to Mac OS X Support