Gigabit Transfer Issue

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Gigabit Transfer Issue

Postby tls502 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm having some trouble with transferring large HD movies from my iMac to my PS3. I purchased a Linksys WRT320N router with gigabit ethernet recently hoping to speed up my transfers. However, it has made absolutely no difference. I am wondering if anyone has been able to utilize gigabit ethernet with their PS3 and if they noticed a difference in transfer rates. I have verified I have 1000base T enabled on both the iMac and the PS3, and the router is seeing the connection, but for some reason it seems to be transferring as if it's a 100base T connection. The router is running DD-WRT big install and I have tried both the stable and latest releases of the media server. Any thoughts, ideas on this would be helpful. I've posted on the DD-WRT forums about this as well but no one responded.
tls502

Re: Gigabit Transfer Issue

Postby meskibob » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Forced speed/duplex usually seems to cause issues. Have you tried setting everything to Auto instead?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Gigabit Transfer Issue

Postby tls502 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes I have tried that to no avail. I am wondering if there is a setting in dd-wrt I need to change.
tls502

Return to Mac OS X Support