Need a definitive answer on External Subtitles

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Need a definitive answer on External Subtitles

Postby ajns » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:01 am

I've read almost every post here on getting external subs (.sub/.srt) to work with my PPC Mac and my PS3. I have tried almost every suggestion and still have had no luck in getting this feature to work (always fails with a "Corrupted Data" error from the PS3). The Windows version of PMS works flawlessly with external subs. I have read in some places that PMS for Mac just does not have the ability (intrinsic or related to MEncoder) to properly handle external subs. Can someone give me a definitive answer on whether or not this feature does work with the Mac version? I can post log info and be more specific if indeed this is a problem that can be solved. However, I'd rather not waste my time or anyone else's time if it amounts to a "broken for now" response. TIA.

Adam
ajns

Re: Need a definitive answer on External Subtitles

Postby meskibob » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:11 am

See the response to your other post. viewtopic.php?f=6&p=20143#p20143
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Need a definitive answer on External Subtitles

Postby ajns » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:03 am

meskibob wrote:See the response to your other post. viewtopic.php?f=6&p=20143#p20143

Thank you. Now I can refocus on getting an answer to the right question. Great piece of software regardless of the subtitle issue for me.
ajns

Return to Mac OS X Support