PS3 Cant See MediaServer

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Cant See MediaServer

Postby c2wak » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi all,
Got a MAC Book Pro, Snow Leopard, Firewall Off.
ISP is Sky with a default router BSkyB DG934G
UPNP Enabled, Firewall ports opened for all TCP Ports

MediaServer can see the PS3 no problems, no errors in the Tracelogs.
I see "Its Ready! you should see the server appears on XMB"
Ive been onto the PS3 and searched for media servers under Video but cant see it my media server??

I can confirm that I have a windows 7 VM on my MAC which has media sharing enabled and my PS3 can see and use that one. I would however like to get this working due to it being mac specific and it supports HD etc.

All ive done is installed the PS3 Media Server on my MAC, stipulated the media path and thats it. I notice there are a few posts with the same issue but no resolutions. If anyone has resolved this i would be most grateful if you could share your resolutions.

Any help or suggestions i would be grateful... BTW ive tried setting static IP for my media server and port but no avail. Because my MediaServer can see and communicate with the PS3 that cant be an issue.
Many Thanks
ChrisW
c2wak

Re: PS3 Cant See MediaServer

Postby c2wak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi all,
In doing alot of investigation and playing around. Ive noticed that if i plug my MAC Book Pro into the Ethernet my PS3 (still wireless) finds the media server no problems without even searching for it..??

I still have no idea why this would be... Does anyone here have a MAC and PS3 on wireless but is still able to see the MediaServer from both devices and stream???
I would be interested to hear from you, surely you can actually do this
The only thing I can think of is that the Ethernet port has 100BaseTX Full Duplex whereas the Wireless (Airport) im not sure!. Thats the only difference i can see here..
Any suggestions or comments appreciated as i gather there are a few people wiht this problem?
Cheers
ChrisW
c2wak

Re: PS3 Cant See MediaServer

Postby tompccs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07 am

Having an identical issue here. Logs seem healthy. Works with windows. Yet does not show up on PS3.
tompccs

Return to Mac OS X Support