PS3 Media server trouble

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Media server trouble

Postby kafou » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi,

I have trouble with PS3 Media server with my Macbook (snow leopard). My PS3 is wired to my router and my Macbook is near my router so with a strong wireless signal. I stream apple lossless song from my mac to my PS3, so with some transcoding and I have a lot of glitches. On the buffer status when I have the trouble, I always see EMPTY a second before I have a glitche. If I monitor my CPU usage before the glitche, PS3 media server use all my CPU power. It can work without trouble for many minutes but suddenly gave me this trouble. Sometime, when I close and reopen PS3MS I'm ok for a time. I'm can't think that my CPU is not enought powerfull, it's a macbook 2009. Do you know what can be my trouble?

Thanks
Kafou
kafou

Re: PS3 Media server trouble

Postby kafou » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 am

kafou wrote:Hi,

I have trouble with PS3 Media server with my Macbook (snow leopard). My PS3 is wired to my router and my Macbook is near my router so with a strong wireless signal. I stream apple lossless song from my mac to my PS3, so with some transcoding and I have a lot of glitches. On the buffer status when I have the trouble, I always see EMPTY a second before I have a glitche. If I monitor my CPU usage before the glitche, PS3 media server use all my CPU power. It can work without trouble for many minutes but suddenly gave me this trouble. Sometime, when I close and reopen PS3MS I'm ok for a time. I'm can't think that my CPU is not enought powerfull, it's a macbook 2009. Do you know what can be my trouble?

Thanks
Kafou

Hi,

So I have changed my wireless setup and now I'm sure, it's not my wireless performance. I can play MP3 song without bug, I can play a movie without transcoding fine and I have not tried a movie with transcoding. But If I play music that need transcoding I always have the same bug, after a few minute of music that plays well, the transcoding buffer screen alternate between empty and a buffer value and I have glitches in my music. I'm pretty sure it's a bug with the program because when It work well my CPU is not very busy and sometime it can work well for many minute. It have nothing to do with other applications as I closed all applications before I have done my test. Is someone else have a bug like that? My music is in Apple lossless
kafou

Re: PS3 Media server trouble

Postby kafou » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Ok, so no answer to date so I made some others tests. Maybe it can be because of the settings of energy saver. I disable all the energy saver settings and last night my music play well all night long. I will try to enable setting by setting to found witch one is causing my trouble. Stay tune or if you know witch settings cause my gliches, let me know.
kafou

Return to Mac OS X Support