Can multiple Clients connect to ps3 Media Server?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Can multiple Clients connect to ps3 Media Server?

Postby baseballfan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:44 pm

I have 2 xboxes and 1 ps3. It seems random as to which xbox connects to pms and only 1 client seems to be connected and the other 2 dont see pms. any thoughts? Also, any thoughts to allowing iphone to connect?
baseballfan

Re: Can multiple Clients connect to ps3 Media Server?

Postby meskibob » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 pm

baseballfan wrote:I have 2 xboxes and 1 ps3. It seems random as to which xbox connects to pms and only 1 client seems to be connected and the other 2 dont see pms. any thoughts?
Multiple devices should be able to connect to the same instance of PMS. Are they all on the same subnet? Did you setup any firewall or port-forwarding rules in your router for PMS? Is your software firewall only allowing one connection at a time?
baseballfan wrote:Also, any thoughts to allowing iphone to connect?
Does the iPhone have a DLNA client application?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Can multiple Clients connect to ps3 Media Server?

Postby baseballfan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:54 pm

I have not setup any firewall or port forwarding rules. I really dont know how. As far as I know, I dont have any software running that would only allow one connection at a time that I know of. I have an apple airport router and I'm running Pms on my Imac intel.
baseballfan

Return to Mac OS X Support