Sony VGF-CP1 photo frame support?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Sony VGF-CP1 photo frame support?

Postby dkossman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi,

I just got a Sony VGF-CP1 wi-fi photo frame - this has a UPnP client which officially only supports Sony's "Vaio Media Server" which only comes with their Viao PC's. This can be used to display pictures from your Windows PC on the frame. (It also supports slideshows from your Picasa web albums, which works really well).

However, I'm a Mac user (running Snow Leopard) and it would be *really* nice if i could get the frame to display my pictures on my VGF-CP1 from iPhoto using UPnP and PS3 Media Server.

Any chance that someone could look into this? it would be an incredible combination...

I'd be happy to provide more info if someone can point me in the right direction.

thanks
- Don
Last edited by dkossman on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dkossman

Re: Sony VGF-CP1 photo frame support?

Postby dkossman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:35 pm

Actually, i just tried searching for media servers on the VGF-CP1, and it appears to find PMS! But it gives me a 6-digit code and asks me to enter it on the media server to complete the connect... can anyone suggest a next step? i'm using pms-macosx-beta-r356.dmg. I tried adding a .conf file for the frame, as follows, making some guesses...

NOTE: source code for the frame is here: http://www.sony.net/Products/Linux/VAIO/VGF-CP1.html

# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony VGF-CP1 photo frame
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony VGF-CP1
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=VGF-CP1
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=VGF-CP1
Video=false
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
TranscodeExtensions=
StreamExtensions=

thanks for any suggestions
- Don
dkossman

Postby shagrath » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:44 pm

seems a highly proprietary connection interface to me... it's Sony, remember :)
I wouldn't know where to start to insert this 6 digit number, I don't think it's in the DLNA spec :shock:
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby dkossman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:27 pm

OK - wasn't sure about whether this security code exchange was a Sony-proprietary feature or part of the spec.
I included a pointer to the source code for the frame, but its hard to tell if they included the DNLA client code (the module names are not very intuitive :-().

Is the DLNA spec available somewhere online?

thx
- Don
dkossman

Postby dkossman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:43 pm

In fact, it turns out that it works "out of the box" - there is no need to register the frame with the PS3 server with a code! When I go to the photo or music selection screens on the frame, if i just wait a little while, the PS3 Media Server is discovered and shows up as a selectable choice! I'm then able to browse into the media folders and create a slide show or stream mp3's.
dkossman

Return to Mac OS X Support