New User: Just 1 Problem !

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

New User: Just 1 Problem !

Postby CallsignHUSKER » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 am

Ok so this application didn't recognize my ps3 at first, then when I forced the ip to en0 it worked... no idea why.
Anyway other than that my experiences with this app are 95% satisfied ! Just 1 problem....

Ok, the problem is that usually about halfway through an episode of a show the message (network error) will flash on the top right of my ps3/tv... It will do this many times for seemingly no reason. Stranger still is that these "network errors" have no effect on how the movie plays b/c it plays just fine.

How can I get rid of this annoying message and why is it appearing?

I'm running a Imac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 8800gs 1tb hardrive so I doubt it's my computer. I am using a 'netgear' ethernet hub but I doubt that's the problem too...
CallsignHUSKER

Re: New User: Just 1 Problem !

Postby meskibob » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 am

Known issue between OSX and the PS3 FW since 2.40 for AVI and MP4 files that are directly streamed to the PS3. Try transcoding them. There are also a couple other things that have worked for a few people, so search the forum.

Edit: added this issue to the tutorial - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=16753#p16753
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Mac OS X Support