Snow Leopard issues

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Snow Leopard issues

Postby Redlum » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

There are still some issues with Snow Leopard, so take those into consideration when upgrading.

- When the firewall is on PMS doesn't show up on your PS3, adding PMS to the allowed applications doesn't work either. Workaround: disable the firewall
- Some people have reported issues with tsmuxer, although I've not been able to confirm them yet. Try the latest beta, it includes the latest version of tsmuxer.

As far as we know now both issues are not something we can fix but require third party fixes.

If you have any other issues that you didn't have with Leopard please add them to this thread.
Redlum
Project Member

Re: Snow Leopard issues

Postby Marius_Simon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 pm

If firewall is blocking PMS then enable 32bit and Rosetta from the application icon with right click -» "Get info". With those (or only Rosetta?) the PMS works with firewall turned on ;)
Marius_Simon

Postby filou01 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:59 pm

I actually found out that PMS doesn´t share the iPhoto Library after my Snow Leopard upgrade!
The iTunes Sharing works fine!

Any Ideas or Workarounds?

THX
filou01

Postby Marius_Simon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:13 pm

filou01 wrote:I actually found out that PMS doesn´t share the iPhoto Library after my Snow Leopard upgrade!
The iTunes Sharing works fine!

Any Ideas or Workarounds?

THX

Have you enabled 32bit and Rosetta for PMS? Have you tried to uninstall and then install PMS? I have done those and works fine.

E: Latest beta here in use
Marius_Simon

Postby Turtlegsr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Also for me, no more PS3 found by PS3MS.

If i disable firewall PS3 come back visible.

I also uninstall Application and user data and reinstall but still not visible.

Please describe how to enable 32bit and rosetta in firewall?

thanks
Marco
Turtlegsr

Postby Marius_Simon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:41 am

This how the 32bit and Rosetta are enabled: from the PS3MS application icon secondary click and "Get Info", there should be the selections "32bit enviroment" and "Enable Rosetta". If Rosetta isn't installed already it should automatically start installing it.

E: There isn't nothing to do with the Firewall. After these changes PS3MS should work with Firewall enabled. It worked for me ever since.
Marius_Simon

PMS works with Java 1.5 on Snow Leopard

Postby fengdh » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:34 am

Here is how I make PMS work on Snow Leopard, no need to turn on "32bit environment" and "Enable Rosetta":
1) Down load an old version of Java including 1.5. Java for Mac OS X v10.5 Update 4 from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL848 is ok.
2) Delete alias of "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0" with admin privilege.
3) Open JavaForMacOSX*.pkg file with Pacifist(above 2.6.3), choose
JavaForMacOSX*.pkg/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0
call "File|Install to Default Location".
4) Right-click on "PS3 Media Server.app", choose "Show Content of Package", modified
"Contents/info.plist", change "Java/JMVersion" to "1.5"

It seems that PMS(r356) doesn't work with Java 1.6 to me. Can anybody explain it?

If firewall is turned on, "Allow or Deny" dialog has just disappeared to quickly to give a chance to choice. If you do not want keep firewall always off, try stpes below (see http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=11):
1) Turn off firewall
2) Start PMS
3) After PS3 is recognized, turn on firewall again.
fengdh

Postby Redlum » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Looks like Snow Leopard doesn't ship with Java 1.5 anymore. I'm tempted to drop support for Java 1.5, as PMS doesn't really work properly on Tiger anyway. That would make PMS Leopard and Snow Leopard only and then we can move forward.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby cheule » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:41 am

Redlum, I like that idea. I don't think development should be impeded by the fact some people are 2 generations behind in the OS, and refuse to upgrade.

Tiger was released April 29th 2005. Time to give that cat a rest.
cheule

Postby Darth Ed » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:08 pm

It's hard to argue with dropping support for Tiger, but I just wanted to say that I'd appreciate it if you could support Tiger for a while longer, if it wouldn't be too much trouble anyway. Perhaps you could (easily?) compile a Java 1.5 version for Tiger people (or at least post instructions on how to do it)? I still use 10.4.11 on my G5, and I think a lot of PowerPC people especially are probably still on Tiger. Yeah, I know transcoding doesn't work on PowerPC, but I still use PMS on a daily basis to transfer files I download from the Internet to my PS3 and to stream MPEG-2 files recorded on my EyeTV. Thanks, Redlum, for all your efforts in supporting Mac users.
Darth Ed

Next

Return to Mac OS X Support