Here is how I make PMS work on Snow Leopard, no need to turn on "32bit environment" and "Enable Rosetta":
1) Down load an old version of Java including 1.5. Java for Mac OS X v10.5 Update 4 from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL848
2) Delete alias of "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0" with admin privilege.
3) Open JavaForMacOSX*.pkg file with Pacifist(above 2.6.3), choose
call "File|Install to Default Location".
4) Right-click on "PS3 Media Server.app", choose "Show Content of Package", modified
"Contents/info.plist", change "Java/JMVersion" to "1.5"
It seems that PMS(r356) doesn't work with Java 1.6 to me. Can anybody explain it?
If firewall is turned on, "Allow or Deny" dialog has just disappeared to quickly to give a chance to choice. If you do not want keep firewall always off, try stpes below (see http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=11
1) Turn off firewall
2) Start PMS
3) After PS3 is recognized, turn on firewall again.