*.mkv do not play anymore

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

*.mkv do not play anymore

Postby Ice-t » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi,
first all thanks a lot for that brillant software.
I am using PMS in the latest version on an older iBook G4 and it worked fine up to now. DivX, MPGs streaming perfectly to the PS III. But now HD *.mkv files are no longer working and I am quite sure they did before??? Today I wanted to watch some new movies but no chance:

28.07.09 23:54:08 [0x0-0x11011].PS3 Media Server[137] [osx/mencoder] TRACE 23:54:08.574 Process /Applications/PS3 Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/osx/mencoder has a return code of 255! Maybe an error occured... check the log file

I could not find any more information in the debug.log

I have tested to stream the HD *.mkv from the XP PC and from a MacBook Pro - both worked perfect.
So you might say now "Use the PC or the MacBook!" but the iBook the slave for the external harddrives, hardwired to ethernet and it would be great if you could give me a hint what the problem is. When I convert the *.mkv to *.mpeg using "MKV2VOB" on the PC I still can stream them.

Does it have something to do with the "Intel only" mark? But PMS is running on the PPC.

Thanks for your answers

Olaf
Ice-t

Re: *.mkv do not play anymore

Postby shagrath » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Ice-t wrote:the latest version on an older iBook G4

mkvs are not supported on PPC platforms, and have never been...
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: *.mkv do not play anymore

Postby Ice-t » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Okay, too much files and too much formats on too much drives. :oops:
I could swear that I had them running ... :)

Thanks for answering.

At least I know now that I am the bug.
Ice-t

Return to Mac OS X Support