CANNOT Play .rmvb on MAC

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

CANNOT Play .rmvb on MAC

Postby bluesummer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 am

hi, i have the latest beta ver. of the PMS. 1.20 I believe. rmvb files would show up as thumbnail in the XMB. However, PS3 wouldnt play it and it will show as corrupted file. Can anyone help me?

*edit*
I dl'ed an older version, 1.04 and I can stream rmvb just fine. So how do I make 1.20 to do the same thing?
bluesummer

Re: CANNOT Play .rmvb on MAC

Postby cheule » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:07 pm

bluesummer wrote:hi, i have the latest beta ver. of the PMS. 1.20 I believe. rmvb files would show up as thumbnail in the XMB. However, PS3 wouldnt play it and it will show as corrupted file. Can anyone help me?

*edit*
I dl'ed an older version, 1.04 and I can stream rmvb just fine. So how do I make 1.20 to do the same thing?

I've never tried that file format personally. However since your question has gone unanswered for quite a while, I suggest you check out these two posts, and add some info on here, so that someone might have a better chance at helping you (or caring! not trying to be rude, but when there is very little info to go on, it's often the default action to just ignore the post). Just as a point of comparison, my post attempting to help you is already longer than the info you posted seeking help. (again, not intended to be rude, just factual)

What info to provide: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
How to find the debug log in OS X: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78
cheule

Return to Mac OS X Support