Please HERLPME: outSync audio/video

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Please HERLPME: outSync audio/video

Postby Turtlegsr » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 am

Hy everyone....
is 3 week that i try to resolve my sync audio/video problem without success..... :cry:
I use latest beta version for MAC and this last night i performed some test to address my problem....after read many post about sync problem.

I have 3 HD mkv video media in a foilder named Video....
from ps3 in video section, i can browse my folder and i have this folder structure, example for 1 video, the other are the same....

video -> *trascoded* -> Bolt -> Bolt
video -> *trascoded* -> Bolt -> tsmuxer
video -> *trascoded* -> Bolt -> Bolt - ac3 ita-nosubtitle
video -> *trascoded* -> Bolt -> Bolt - ac3 ing-nosubtitle
video -> bolt mkv

So here my test and result.

Situazione 1
Using ps3 media server without any change in default setting for trascoding option, audio/video are :
1. stream video from root directory (video folder) are in sync but in english with subtitle and if i use square button, some network error and video/audio out of sync
2. stream video from *trascoded* folder, audio/video are never in sync i try using....
- A/V sync alternative method (enable or disable) in Mencoder section
- Force framerate parsed from FFMpeg (enable or disable) in Mencoder section
- Force FPS parsed from FFmpeg (enable or disable) in TsMuxer section
- Mux all audio track (enable or disable) in TsMuxer section

Out of sync issue is only for mkv media , all other media present in my iMAC and create during this last year using Handbrake with AppleTV profile (yes i swith from AppleTV to PS3 :-) ) are play correctly.........

I have perfome also a test using tsmuxerGUI 1.9.9 in order to create a media plyable with my ps3 and streaming from iMAC with Rivet.
I remux mkv to ts/m2ts/avchd/bd removing all not italian audio and all subtitle forcing video to remux to 25frames.
This create a media compatible witrh PS3 and play correctly on PS3, with DolbyDigital audio in sync with Video.
But this works not for all my mkv media.....Twilight for example still not in sync

PLEASE SOME ONE CAN TELL ME SOME SUGGESTION, SOME DOC TO READ OR EXPLAIN SOME FEATURE IN PS3 MEDIA SERVER TO USE.....

THANKS
Marco
Turtlegsr

Return to Mac OS X Support