1. it states that you are using the dlna feature by time and not by range,
(why is that?)
2. The transcode codecs are video=mpegac3
(can we change those?) if so wouldn't it benefit us to change them so we do not have to force transcoding of certain file types?
3. i remember between versions 1.0 and 1.04 you changed the file types that ps3 was compatible with from :
j2048b wrote:shagrath wrote:between 1.0 and 1.04, I changed m4v from ps3's incompatible video to compatible video
so if your m4v is not playing, you have to force the transcode into #transcoded# folder
So is there a way to make m4v's and mp4's back to incompatible such as it was in version 1.0? this way there will be no transcoding and we will be able to copy the files to the ps3?
(as of now we have to force transcoding of m4v,mp4 and it does not allow us to copy those files over to the ps3)
in version 1.0 all of my videos showed up as mpeg-2's and would work flawlessly! and i could copy them over to the ps3!
4. or would it be better to use the ps3.confg file to put in the force transcodes under the forcefully transode extensions area?
5. does the media renderer support DTS in a mpeg file?
(if we change this to = true will it stream DTS from iso's and mpeg files?
what files can be streamed as is and not transcoded?
(last item in ps3.cong)
I would really appreciate any help to the answers of these questions!!