"The Data is Corrupted"

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: "The Data is Corrupted"

Postby emanon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Gotzerocool wrote:thanks raptor. i'm obviously not a coder and going through the noob manuals is still confusing for me. So i have that checked and what i figure is i need to turn on the h264/mp4 code options but i'm still confused. i'd like to suggest that shagroth or others who run this include, if possible, a simple box to tick as i've been seeing many posts of others who are having the h264 mp4 issue too. What i'm finding strange is that some work but most don't. Hopefully, my buddy who understands this better will be able to hold my hand figuring it out. i really do appreciate your guy's help. cheers! Zero.

Have you had any luck?

I still experience this problem every time I try to do an mp4. It seems to read it as mpeg2. Even when I try transferring the file to the ps3, rather than stream, it results in the same issue; so it seems like ps3mediaserver isn't serving up these files correctly.
emanon

Postby newdna » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 am

I am having the same problem. It *was* working, but I've updated to PMS 1.54.0 and now it's broken.
My files are .mp4 files. I used the same settings with Handbrake in creating each one. If I put these files on a thumb drive and physically transfer them, they play fine on the PS3.
I have all of these in my 'Skip transcode' list ... mp4,m4v,m4a,avi,mov,mpg,vob,wmv
The PS3 cannot play via streaming or play after copied the same files, and identifies them as mpeg2.
Like I said, this *was* working. I was playing these same files via streaming just last week. :(
newdna

Postby newdna » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:58 am

Reverted to 1.52.1 (thank you, Time Machine) and it's all working again. :/
newdna

Postby happy.neko » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 am

already answered several times viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14691#p70815
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby zidaen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:34 am

Since this is the first result on google, here is the solution for current~ PMS with a PICTURE.

zidaen

Postby ThePigeonKing » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:46 am

Hi there, I am running this on a headless Ubuntu server in command line mode. can you tell me how I can fix this issue in command line please?

Regards
ThePigeonKing

Previous

Return to Mac OS X Support