Show iTunes library track order.

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Show iTunes library track order.

Postby notdavis » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 am

Under the Navigation/Share Settings I've checked off "Show iTunes library", and I've added the appropriate "m4a,aac" to Skip transcoding for the following extensions under Transcoding Settings. All my songs, tracks and track lists play fine, but I've noticed the order of the tracks per album is all off. Instead of being in order, it's alphabetical. I looked at the files locally on my Mac, and they're all named properly, prefixed by 01, 02, 03, etc, so I'm not sure why that is being dropped and the name of the track is being used instead.

When I add ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/ directly to the shared folders list, and browse to the albums, the tracks appear in the correct order.

I'd prefer to use the Show iTunes library option as it allows me to also share playlists and browse by all the different options (artist, album, genre, etc.), so what's happening? I've tried a few different options under the File order: drop-down, but whether I use Alphanumeric or Alphabetical (A-Z) it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is it an iTunes setting?

My info:
Mac OS X 10.8.5
PS3 Media Server 1.90.1 Build: 3a4304c72 (2013-08-17)
notdavis

Re: Show iTunes library track order.

Postby notdavis » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 am

Just under 200 views and no replies :/
notdavis

Re: Show iTunes library track order.

Postby taconaut » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:37 am

As the default implementation doesn't seem to support sorting by track number, you could try the pretty new iTunes library plugin linked in the available plugins. I can't promise it will support it, as I'm not using iTunes, but it's worth a try.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Mac OS X Support