Confused!! Why jitter so much?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Confused!! Why jitter so much?

Postby Stevenmalibu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:02 am

Hey first time poster but used ps3 media server for years love it

So past 4 years ive used my 2008 white macbook core 2 duo 2gb ram as my server..

And it has worked flawlessly, well worked flawlessly until the macbook itself finally died,
So i thought well bout time for an upgrade so i got myself a mac mini i7 quad core 16gb ram 256gb samsung ssd.

Installed media server ps3 finds it but when playing back stuff it is so jittery stopping to buffer every 5 seconds its unusable

I checked all the usual settings to see what it could be but still no luck

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance :)
Stevenmalibu

Re: Confused!! Why jitter so much?

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:58 am

Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Stevenmalibu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 am

I figured it out i just installed divx codec pack ...strange though i never needed to install that on my macbook :/
Stevenmalibu

Postby magick81 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Steven Malibu:

I'm having the same issues!!! My old 2006 20"iMac worked perfectly. Upgraded to the highest specs available in January to a iMac 27" 3.2GHz Intel core i5, with 8GB's of ram and I'm having the same issue. Will try installing the DivX codec pack, hopefully that works.

Thanks for posting your solution, I hate when I find threads on the same issue I'm having, and the poster just replies "Fixed it" without sharing.

Gonna try your suggestion now.

Cheers
Kev :)

--UPDATE--

Installing the DIVX codec pack fixed it!!!!
I wondered why a much more superior & powerful machine was having problems, while my outdated P.O.S computer worked flawlessly.
Same story with Connect360 and my Xbox360.
Hard to believe such a little thing having the effect that it did. Thanks for sharing your solution.
I did refer to the thread posted above and did not see that suggestion anywhere, though I only skimmed it. If its missing it might be an idea to add it.

Thanks again and Cheers :)
magick81

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:44 pm

magick81 wrote:I did refer to the thread posted above and did not see that suggestion anywhere, though I only skimmed it. If its missing it might be an idea to add it.

Indeed, added.
Thanks! :-)
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to Mac OS X Support