New files not appearing unless I restart

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

New files not appearing unless I restart

Postby michaelmr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi,

I've been running PMS on my Mac Mini for quite a while, I have torrents that download to a specific folder and it's always been updated from my playstation when I go to view that folder and something new has arrived.

Cache is disabled and always has been. I recently changed the format of the external drive where everything gets stored from FAT32 to exFAT and now whenever something new appears in that folder I have to restart PMS before it shows.

Anyone know why this is happening?
michaelmr

Re: New files not appearing unless I restart

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby michaelmr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah previously I used to see new files by just going out the folder and back in. Not anymore.

I have uploaded my debug.log - http://pastebin.com/LhcBBMVG

Basically after it uses ffmpeg to generate thumbnails for the contents of that folder I added a new file Test.avi to the directory, went out of the dir and back in, three times, doesnt show.
michaelmr

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm not seeing anything there. Can you fully close PMS (not just use the HTTP restart button), restart it, navigate to that folder on the PS3, add the test file, navigate out, and then back in? Then post the trace.log (you'll need to modify the logback.xml file as detailed in the FAQ post before restarting PMS).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby michaelmr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Ok, enabled trace level and closed PMS and reopened then browsed to the folder, created a new file in the folder while I was viewing it, went out of the folder and back in, went out then into another folder.. and back in. Still nothing

http://pastebin.ca/2291449
michaelmr

Postby ExSport » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 pm

To make things easier, what about to mention name of the new file so it can be easily found in debug.log? ;)
ExSport

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:10 pm

ExSport wrote:To make things easier, what about to mention name of the new file so it can be easily found in debug.log? ;)

He did, assuming use of the same filename listed before:
michaelmr wrote:...I added a new file Test.avi to the directory...

Edit: is that a valid avi file? Shouldn't matter (typically you see a "corrupted, going to hide the file" message), but just checking other options.
Also, does that avi file now show up when you restart PMS?
May need a dev to look into this.
meskibob

Postby michaelmr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Sorry for the delay yes the file name is test.avi, not a valid avi and it does appear if i restart pms
michaelmr

Postby michaelmr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:07 am

Just an update, I've tested it with valid video files (.mp4) and get the same result. The new files do not appear unless I restart PMS. If I watch the trace it shows it generates thumbs for the new files only after restart, if I create a copy of an existing file in the same folder and go out and in again, nothing gets picked up.
michaelmr

Postby PStation22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:53 am

In my experience, when new files do appear, they appear at the bottom of the list.. So maybe you were busy looking at some other part of the overall list?
PStation22

Next

Return to Mac OS X Support