No files or folders on MacOSX

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No files or folders on MacOSX

Postby ar2rsawseen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am

Hello all,

First wanted to say thank you for the awesome piece of software. Recently started using it on Windows with my Phillips TV and it worked better than any other Media server I have tried.

Now I got Mac Mini with Mountain Lion and I tried latest PMS 1.71 on it, it detects TV correctly (working in same network as from windows computer), and it even appears on my TV, but when I want to browse it, it only shows "No playable files in this folder". Basically there is no file nor folder under PMS.

So I wanted to ask, what could be wrong, is there any additional step I need to take? Like choosing different File system or something like that?

All configuration is as by default, I've only changed port number to 5002 (because 5001 could be already taken by windows PC)

Here is a contents of my debug.log: http://pastebin.com/RRbpJPFm
As you see there is some kind of error

So what am I doing wrong? :)
ar2rsawseen

Re: No files or folders on MacOSX

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm

ar2rsawseen wrote:when I want to browse it, it only shows "No playable files in this folder"

It's a bug in PMS 1.71.0 that should be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, the first workaround posted here should work.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Re: No files or folders on MacOSX

Postby ar2rsawseen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Thats interesting, because everything works on PC. I will check that solution and post here if its ok or not ;)
ar2rsawseen

Return to Mac OS X Support