Setting Up Static IP - Mac To PS3 Through Direct Ethernet

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Setting Up Static IP - Mac To PS3 Through Direct Ethernet

Postby cartooncreator9 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:48 am

Hello All,

For the past couple of years, I've been streaming media from my iMac, through the use of PS3 Media Server, by directly connecting it, via ethernet cable, to my PS3, an 80GB version. It was working wonderfully, until recently, when my PS3 got the YLoD (Yellow Light of Death). I got it fixed by a local tech guy, but he reset all of the system settings to default. Now, I was going about setting up the static IP I use to stream media from my Mac, but for some reason, when I enter the manually enter the IP address in "Internet Connection Settings" (The CUSTOM method), I am unable to move forward (via pressing right directional) to continue setting up the network. It's just not an option. I can either edit the addresses or go back, nothing else. Wireless setup works just fine, but as I tend to stream .mkv files, it's not good enough.

Is there anyone who has come across this problem? I've been searching the forums and the rest of the internet, and I can't seem to find someone who has had this specific problem, unless I missed something.

I appreciate any help you can offer.
cartooncreator9

Re: Setting Up Static IP - Mac To PS3 Through Direct Etherne

Postby bangkokmac » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Did you ever figure it out? I'm trying to stream from my iMac to the PS3 via ethernet using PMS. I haven't gotten very far and would appreciate somebody telling me how they set up the static IP and configured both the Mac and the PS3. Thx
bangkokmac

Return to Mac OS X Support