Video stop playing while i'm watching it - Mountain Lion

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Video stop playing while i'm watching it - Mountain Lion

Postby Pochodave » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 am

Hello everyone :)
First of all i think that's is right if i do a presentation of myself before.
I'm an italian user,my name is Davide and congratulations for your fantastic work.
-----------
I've got a problem.Before i installed the new O.S Mountain Lion,I could watch every video on my PS3 without problems (even the the heaviest MKV).
In particular in these days i was watching the "Game of Thrones" serie in MKV very well....
But since i installed Mountain Lion i can't watch ever a full episode......I've got a cable connection...
My iMac recognize the PS3,i start watching the episode but after 10-15 minutes the streaming stops and everything is blocked on a frame.
I tried to install the last PS3 Media server version,i tried installing the JAVA SE 7 of Oracle because is more recently than the Apple version (system).
Nothing of this was useful...Have you got suggestions for me????...it could be possible that this new version is not stable with the new O.S ????(or viceversa :) ).
Anticipate thanks for anybody will read this message and will give a solution and sorry for my long message

Davide :)
Pochodave

Re: Video stop playing while i'm watching it - Mountain Lion

Postby Pochodave » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm

i just fixed the problem....i write here the solution because the same thing could be happen to anyone....it was really a stupid thing :D
with the new Apple OS the default settings about the energy are that after 10 minutes the screen become black and the computer goes in stop....you havte to set that even though the screen change in black the computer must not go in stop ever......to do this go in the settings preferences and then in the "hardware" part you must select the part about the energy....

P.S Installing the Oracle Jave SE 7 is not useful because i noticed that when PS3 MS start it use however the Apple's Java Version.....

Bye Bye :)
Davide
Pochodave

Return to Mac OS X Support