Problems With every Version Of PS3 Media Server Since 1.10.5

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problems With every Version Of PS3 Media Server Since 1.10.5

Postby Borg29 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:55 pm

I have posted problems on here before when i downloaded previous versions of PS3 Media Server (ie 1.30 and 1.40). I have recently downloaded 1.50 and again i am having problems with it working with my 18 month old Mac on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

Basically it finds my PS3 straight away but then it hangs and just gives error codes whilst its searching iTunes etc for my Music and Movies. Admittedly i do have over 35,000 songs to search through and over 1.5TB of movies on my Drobo, but considering the old version of 1.10.5 works brilliantly with everything, i don't understand why the last 3 updates of Media Server have all caused me nothing but problems. Plus on top of that, once its found my PS3 and it hangs, i shut down the PS3 Media Server program and re open it, but then it can't find my PS3 again. I have to switch off my PS3, re Boot my Mac and then it finds it again, but then it hangs AGAIN ! I'm just going round and round in circles trying to sort it.

So i've had to revert back to 1.10.5 yet again. Yes it doesn't Fast Forward or Rewind very well, yes its not very good with subtitles, yes it can't find my music via iTunes & i have to point it to my music folder instead, and yes it stutters when playing my HD Camcorder Home Movies, but it finds all my movies and music instantly and it never stutters, crashes or freezes when playing ripped movies (which i store as dvd.media files up to 7.5GB in size, a lot like a full ISO file) or music from the music folder and it finds my PS3 every time.

I'm desperate to find a newer updated version that has a better FF and REW option, will play my HD Home Movies and that can find my iTunes, but i notice that on the 1.51 build page, it says that the OSX version has not been released yet. Do you know when it will be released and do you have any idea why i'm having these problems every single time i try a different version to 1.10.5 ???
Last edited by Borg29 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Borg29

Re: Problems With every Version Of PS3 Media Server Since 1.

Postby meskibob » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:14 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Problems With every Version Of PS3 Media Server Since 1.

Postby Borg29 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:32 am

My apologies, when i checked my software, i realised i'm on Snow Leopard (OSX:- 10.6), not Lion (OSX:10.5) as previously stated, and i am fully updated. So i don't know if the last response still applies ?? I've updated my original thread with the correct info for any more replies.
Borg29

Return to Mac OS X Support