Video Thumbnails

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Video Thumbnails

Postby rayray519 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:41 am

Is there any kind of album art fetcher that can be displayed on the PS3 (similar to how Plex or xmbc works)?

I have quite a few movies now and it would be nice to see the actual image thumbnails if at all possible.
thanks!
rayray519

Re: Video Thumbnails

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:57 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby rayray519 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:18 am

This looks great! Thank you.

Q: I have it installed and went through a couple of the setup instructions. How and when should I expect to see the Movie thumbnails to appear on the ps3?

Sorry for the question, just trying to understand if there is something that is scraped from the Media server via IMDB then served up to the PS3 (to replace the generic blue folder icons).
Thanks,
rayray519

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 pm

As soon as they have been imported they will show up on the ps3 (when entering a folder containing videos). To enable imdb or tmdb you have to do so before scanning your folders by enabling the plugins (use the managed folders as there is a bug when using the scan folder button).
The ps3 isn't capable of showing custom icons for folders, only for playable items.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Mac OS X Support