MAC - problem with MKVs (corrupted data)

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MAC - problem with MKVs (corrupted data)

Postby polyniki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi all,

we have a PC, a MAC and a PS3 at home and we have installed the PS3 Media Server on both our laptops. It works on both of them, however on the MAC it won't play the MKV files - we get a corrupted data message. If we access the very same files from the Windows PC, it plays with no problem. Is there something I can do about the MAC? Notice that the MAC per se plays the MKVs just fine.

Thanks!

Polyniki
polyniki

Re: MAC - problem with MKVs (corrupted data)

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:23 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby polyniki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Hey there, thanks for your answer. Do you mean that you want me to post the debug.log file or that the solution to my problem has been described there, because If so, I can't find it.
polyniki

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Debug.log
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby polyniki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I located the debug.log folder on the mac as the instructions say (/library/application support/pms) but there were no files inside. Sadly, this MAC is my boyfriends' and I am not aqcuainted at all with MACs, I am a Windows user. Can it be that the files are hidden?
polyniki

Postby taconaut » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Click on the debug.log button in the traces tab to open it
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Mac OS X Support