Newbies Fix Guide for "Corrupt Data" errors in V1.50

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Newbies Fix Guide for "Corrupt Data" errors in V1.50

Postby wrxtasy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:46 am

It appears that V1.50 of PS3MS has a problem with its newer ffmpeg transcoder. :roll:

The solution without going into Terminal commands is simply to replace the ffmeg unix executable within the new PS3 Media Server app.

You need to D/Load V1.40 of PS3MS and V1.50, and head into Finder and locate where they have been saved. (V1.40 will likely need to be renamed)

1) Right click on V1.40 of the .app and select Show Package Contents.
2) Now drill down through the directories from the window that opens:
Open: Contents / Resources / Java / osx
3) right click on ffmpeg and select Copy "ffmpeg"
4) leave this window open.

5) Now right click on V1.50 of the PS3MS .app and again select Show Pack Contents:
6) Drill down through the directories again till we get to "osx"
7) Right click and select Paste Item, select replace from the popup and We are done. :-)

For clarification the V1.40 ffmpeg is smaller than the once it replaces.
V1.50 PS3MS now works on my OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

:idea:
Last edited by wrxtasy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrxtasy

Re: Newbies Fix Guide for Data "corrupt data" errors in V1.5

Postby wrxtasy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:33 am

Now if you have done all the above and are still getting "Data Corrupted" and other playback errors when playing some MKV files. while others work fine. The MKV file itself likely has had the compression header option enabled during creation.

The OSX solution is to grab a copy of the MKVTools app, load up troublesome file and Remove Header Compression (its within the Edit Section).
This will process the file pretty quickly.
And we are Done !
wrxtasy

Re: Newbies Fix Guide for "Corrupt Data" errors in V1.50

Postby Milo_Mindbender » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:03 am

One question about this...I got the impression from the bug tracker and from other posts that a fix (rolling back to the old ffmpeg) had already been done in R1006 and could be downloaded from the main page. Did I misunderstand? Is this just not posted for download yet?

Also, scouring the logs I didn't see anyplace where the revision/build number...etc of these files is listed, makes it hard to tell if the right version is running.

I did the fix as described here and it works (thanks!).
Milo_Mindbender

Re: Newbies Fix Guide for "Corrupt Data" errors in V1.50

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 am

Milo_Mindbender wrote:One question about this...I got the impression from the bug tracker and from other posts that a fix (rolling back to the old ffmpeg) had already been done in R1006 and could be downloaded from the main page. Did I misunderstand? Is this just not posted for download yet?

Also, scouring the logs I didn't see anyplace where the revision/build number...etc of these files is listed, makes it hard to tell if the right version is running.

I did the fix as described here and it works (thanks!).

Release 1.50.0 is from SVN build r1000.
At this time there is no newer release.
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to Mac OS X Support