Remove PS3 Media Server as source

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Remove PS3 Media Server as source

Postby Uncenzored » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Sorry guys I'm a noob at all this.. I just recently installed PS3 Media Server on my Mac OS X in order to stream to my Xbox360. I'm having a problem removing PS3 Media Server from my source list under "Video Library" on my Xbox360. I have tried running other media servers such as Rivet, but have been unsuccessful. I've tried running Rivet prior to using PS3 Media Server without a problem, but once is started using Media Server I've started running into problems, which leads me to believe it's the reason why I can't run Rivet. I've tried uninstalling, but it continues to show up as a source under Video Library and i've exhausted all of my options to the best of my ability.. Please Help.. Thanks!
Uncenzored

Re: Remove PS3 Media Server as source

Postby Val Killmore » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Well, it seems obvious to me that it wasn't uninstalled properly.

Maybe try reading this.

I don't run Mac, but it sounds like the uninstall process is a little different based on the fact Mac OSX doesn't use a registry like Windows OS's. Sounds like it tends to leave files behind if apps are simply dragged to the Trash. Could be the problem.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Return to Mac OS X Support